“I chose Curry because I really enjoyed the campus feel, I felt safe there. I also looked at the students and I saw me. I felt like I could relate to them. I felt comfortable and that was really important-just fitting in.”
Alicia (Viscomi) Williams '09
Owner/President, Aliste' Internet Marketing, Inc.
- Communication Major Elaina Druid '16 Awarded "Emerging Leader Scholarship" by Public Relations Society of America
- Hall of Fame Sportswriter Bob Ryan Featured at Littlefield Lecture Series Event
- Curry College Featured on Fox 25 “College Tour”
- More News >
- Free Workshop for Guidance Counselors and Educational Consultants: Helping Students with Learning Disabilities Navigate the College Search
- 'Layers': MGNE National Juried Student Exhibition of Monotypes & Monoprints
February 1 - March 14
- Accepted Student Day 2015
- More Events >
- You are here:
- Curry College - Home /
- About Curry /
- News & Events /
- Recent News /
- All News /
- Curry Students Deliver "Strong" Performance at American College Dance Festival
Curry Students Deliver "Strong" Performance at American College Dance Festival
March 10, 2014
The Curry College Dance Program was represented at the American College Dance Association (ACDA) New England Regional Conference, held at Boston University in February.
Ten Curry dance students attended the four-day conference, which allowed them to take master classes, attend research presentations, view concerts and experience the vibrant energy exchange among dancers and faculty from more than 30 other schools.
Three of the Curry students had the opportunity to perform an original dance piece at the conference, choreographed by a former classmate. "This Can't Be Happening," was performed by Alexandra O'Donnell '16, Megan Kosciak '17 and Emma-Jean Mercier '15.
"The students did an excellent job and received very encouraging feedback from the adjudicators at the conference, who called our students "strong performers," said Curry Assistant Professor of Dance, Alissa Cardone. "This is an exciting step forward for Dance at Curry and a moment to celebrate our Dance Minor and the passionate students who continue to make dance a vital part of their academic experience at Curry."
"This was an amazing experience, I met so many amazing dancers from all around the world and would do it again in a heartbeat," said Dance Minor, Micaela Biagini '16.
O'Donnell echoed those sentiments, "I'm so thankful to have participated in the ACDA. It has been one of the most enriching and exciting opportunities I've had so far at Curry!"