“Dare to dream, but be not an idle dreamer. Dare to do what you dream.”
Samuel Silas Curry
- Welcome New Faculty!
- Class of 2018 Welcomed at New Student Academic Convocation
- Theatre Professor Gail Phaneuf Takes Her Musical "The Love Note" Off-Broadway
- More News >
- Homecoming and Family Weekend 2014
September 19 - September 21
- Celebration of the Arts and 'Geometric Eye'
- The Keighton Fund of Curry College Presents, 'The Song Cycle: Beethoven and Schumann'
- More Events >
- You are here:
- Curry College - Home /
- About Curry /
- News & Events /
- Recent News /
- All News /
- Curry Ranked in U.S. News & World Report's 2011 Edition of Best Colleges
Curry Ranked in U.S. News & World Report's 2011 Edition of Best Colleges
March 1, 2011
Curry College has been recognized and ranked among the nation's best colleges and universities, according to U.S. News & World Report's 2011 edition of Best Colleges. The national publication ranked Curry #29 (tied for #29 with St. Francis College in NY) in the top tier of the Best Regional Colleges in the North.
The 2011 edition included rankings of more than 1,400 schools nationwide. Over the past two decades, the U.S. News college rankings, which group schools based on categories created by the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching, has grown to be a widely-used research tool for students and parents considering higher education opportunities.
The U.S. News rankings compare schools on a set of up to 16 widely accepted indicators of excellence. Among the many factors weighed in determining the rankings, the key measures of quality are: peer assessment, graduation and retention rates, faculty resources, student selectivity, financial resources, and alumni giving.