“Dare to dream, but be not an idle dreamer. Dare to do what you dream.”
Samuel Silas Curry
- Curry College Featured on Fox 25 “College Tour”
- A Field of Dreams: Curry TV Student Spends Summer with NESN Red Sox Baseball Coverage
- John Fish Makes Case for Boston Olympics at Curry College Forum
- More News >
- Fall 2014 Open House
October 26 - November 2
- New York City Reception for Alumni, Parents and Friends
- Free Workshop for Guidance Counselors and Educational Consultants: Helping Students with Learning Disabilities Navigate the College Search
- More Events >
- You are here:
- Curry College - Home /
- About Curry /
- News & Events /
- Recent News /
- All News /
- Curry Ranked in U.S. News & World Report's 2011 Edition of Best Colleges
Curry Ranked in U.S. News & World Report's 2011 Edition of Best Colleges
March 1, 2011
Curry College has been recognized and ranked among the nation's best colleges and universities, according to U.S. News & World Report's 2011 edition of Best Colleges. The national publication ranked Curry #29 (tied for #29 with St. Francis College in NY) in the top tier of the Best Regional Colleges in the North.
The 2011 edition included rankings of more than 1,400 schools nationwide. Over the past two decades, the U.S. News college rankings, which group schools based on categories created by the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching, has grown to be a widely-used research tool for students and parents considering higher education opportunities.
The U.S. News rankings compare schools on a set of up to 16 widely accepted indicators of excellence. Among the many factors weighed in determining the rankings, the key measures of quality are: peer assessment, graduation and retention rates, faculty resources, student selectivity, financial resources, and alumni giving.