“When I visited the campus, I really liked the small size, the home-like feeling and the friendly people.”
Carrie Hormanski '10
Major: Criminal Justice
- Hill Holliday Chairman and CEO Karen Kaplan to Deliver Commencement Address
- Cambridge College President Deborah C. Jackson to Receive Honorary Degree
- Men's Hockey Partners with Team IMPACT to Recruit Seven-Year Old Aidan Collins
- More News >
- Curry Theatre Presents: Euripides’ 'The Trojan Women'
April 26 - April 29
- The Curry Dance Spring Showcase: 'ARTERTAINMENT'
May 4 - May 5
- Commencement 2014
- More Events >
- You are here:
- Curry College - Home /
- About Curry /
- News & Events /
- Recent News /
- All News /
- BPD Commissioner Ed Davis Visits Curry
BPD Commissioner Ed Davis Visits Curry
April 30, 2013
(Photo Courtesy of: Matt Fitzgerald '13)
On Monday, April 30, Curry College students and faculty met with Boston Police Commissioner Ed Davis during a special session on the Curry campus. Davis has been in the national spotlight because of his handling of the bombings at the Boston Marathon, and the subsequent investigation.
Davis speaks annually to a Leadership Communication class that is taught by Curry College Professor Sharon Sinnott. On this occasion, speaking to a group of Criminal Justice and Communication majors, the Commissioner spoke about the Marathon bombing investigation while also sharing insights about his leadership and management styles.
Students walked away impressed not only by the Commissioner, but by their exclusive access to him so soon after the Marathon tragedy.
"The fact that I can get such hands-on interaction, especially with the Boston Police Commissioner, is absolutely amazing," said Communication Major Kelsey Marchetti '16
Members of the Curry College student media covered the event extensively.