“Dare to dream, but be not an idle dreamer. Dare to do what you dream.”
Samuel Silas Curry
- Curry Colonel Appears on Fox 25 to Promote Upcoming “College Tour”
- Welcome New Faculty!
- Class of 2018 Welcomed at New Student Academic Convocation
- More News >
- Homecoming and Family Weekend 2014
September 19 - September 21
- The Keighton Fund of Curry College Presents, 'The Song Cycle: Beethoven and Schumann'
- Millennial Workplace Expert Lindsey Pollak to Headline 5th Annual Curry College Senior Conference
- More Events >
- You are here:
- Curry College - Home /
- About Curry /
- News & Events /
- Recent News /
- All News /
- BPD Commissioner Ed Davis Visits Curry
BPD Commissioner Ed Davis Visits Curry
April 30, 2013
(Photo Courtesy of: Matt Fitzgerald '13)
On Monday, April 30, Curry College students and faculty met with Boston Police Commissioner Ed Davis during a special session on the Curry campus. Davis has been in the national spotlight because of his handling of the bombings at the Boston Marathon, and the subsequent investigation.
Davis speaks annually to a Leadership Communication class that is taught by Curry College Professor Sharon Sinnott. On this occasion, speaking to a group of Criminal Justice and Communication majors, the Commissioner spoke about the Marathon bombing investigation while also sharing insights about his leadership and management styles.
Students walked away impressed not only by the Commissioner, but by their exclusive access to him so soon after the Marathon tragedy.
"The fact that I can get such hands-on interaction, especially with the Boston Police Commissioner, is absolutely amazing," said Communication Major Kelsey Marchetti '16
Members of the Curry College student media covered the event extensively.