“Curry College inspired me to want to go on to become successful.”
Gary Leopold '77
President/CEO, ISM Travel and Lifestyle Marketing
- Matt Fitzgerald '13 Tapped to Co-anchor Boston Herald Radio's 'The Lede'
- Professor Joani Geltman's 'A Survival Guide for Parenting Teens...' Featured in 'Boston Globe'
- Dr. Karen Lischinsky Featured in 'New York Times' Article on Restorative Justice
- More News >
- New Student Welcome Weekend 2014
August 30 - September 2
- Spirit Week 2014! - For New and Returning Students
September 1 - September 7
- New Student Academic Convocation 2014
- More Events >
- You are here:
- Curry College - Home /
- About Curry /
- News & Events /
- Recent News /
- All News /
- BPD Commissioner Ed Davis Visits Curry
BPD Commissioner Ed Davis Visits Curry
April 30, 2013
(Photo Courtesy of: Matt Fitzgerald '13)
On Monday, April 30, Curry College students and faculty met with Boston Police Commissioner Ed Davis during a special session on the Curry campus. Davis has been in the national spotlight because of his handling of the bombings at the Boston Marathon, and the subsequent investigation.
Davis speaks annually to a Leadership Communication class that is taught by Curry College Professor Sharon Sinnott. On this occasion, speaking to a group of Criminal Justice and Communication majors, the Commissioner spoke about the Marathon bombing investigation while also sharing insights about his leadership and management styles.
Students walked away impressed not only by the Commissioner, but by their exclusive access to him so soon after the Marathon tragedy.
"The fact that I can get such hands-on interaction, especially with the Boston Police Commissioner, is absolutely amazing," said Communication Major Kelsey Marchetti '16
Members of the Curry College student media covered the event extensively.