“I take the shuttle into Boston on the weekends with my friends. A lot of them haven't been to Faneuil Hall and I've lived close to the city all of my life, so I'm always the one to show them around. So it's really fun to go away on the weekend with the girls.”
Alyxis Crompton '18
Major: Special Education
- Spring Break in Silicon Valley: Information Technology, Business Management Students Meet with Tech Giants
- Curry Film/TV Student a Finalist in NESN Producing Competition
- Trustee Ruth Ellen Fitch Appointed to the Massachusetts Pension Reserves Investment Management (PRIM) Board
- More News >
- Curry Theatre Presents: Spring 2015 New Plays Festival
March 28 - March 30
- 'Senior 7: Off the Grid' - Spring Art & Design Exhibit
April 2 - May 17
- Spring Student Art & Design Exhibit
April 6 - April 11
- More Events >
- You are here:
- Curry College - Home /
- About Curry /
- News & Events /
- Recent News /
- All News /
- Curry College Equestrian Places 5th at National Championship Competition
Curry College Equestrian Places 5th at National Championship Competition
May 7, 2013
Jamie DeBenedictis (Class of 2015) of the Curry College Equestrian Club team placed 5th at the National Championship competition on May 3-6 in Hershey Park, Pennsylvania. She was the first Curry equestrian to represent the College at Nationals.
The Curry Nursing major earned the spot with her second place finishes in the recent Regional and Zone Championships. She was one of only two student-athletes representing Zone 1 at Nationals.
"Competing at the National Championships was a complete dream come true! It shows that hard work really does pay off. Just making it as far as Regionals and Zones was such an accomplishment to me, but making it all the way to Nationals and placing fifth in the nation was just amazing. I still have a hard time processing it all," said DeBenedictis.
"I couldn't have done it without the support from my amazing family and friends, my talented teammates and my incredible coach Betsy Kupic."
This is her first year competing on the Curry College Equestrian team. Congrats to Jamie!