“Dare to dream, but be not an idle dreamer. Dare to do what you dream.”
Samuel Silas Curry
- Communication Students Experience Hollywood, Up Close
- Trustee Joyce A. Murphy Honored by Greater Boston Chamber of Commerce, Massachusetts Health Council, and Boston Globe Magazine
- Communication Major Elaina Druid '16 Awarded "Emerging Leader Scholarship" by Public Relations Society of America
- More News >
- Free Concert: 'Heartbeat' - Israeli and Palestinian Youth Musicians
- 'Layers': MGNE National Juried Student Exhibition of Monotypes & Monoprints
March 6 - March 14
- Accepted Student Day 2015
- More Events >
- You are here:
- Curry College - Home /
- About Curry /
- News & Events /
- Recent News /
- All News /
- COM Student Matt Fitzgerald '13 Wins Regional Emmy Award
COM Student Matt Fitzgerald '13 Wins Regional Emmy Award
April 28, 2013
Communication student Matt Fitzgerald '13 recently won the "Talent" category in the Boston/New England Emmy Awards for colleges and universities. Judging was conducted by the Lower Great Lakes chapter of the Emmys.
A 2013 graduate of Curry College, Fitzgerald was an anchor at Curry's on-campus television station CC8, and conducted an interview with Boston Police Commissioner Ed Davis following the Boston Marathon bombings (see video below).
Fitzgerald was presented his award at the National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences Emmy Awards show in Boston in June 2013.
"I would not have won this award without the real world experiences I gained through both my TV classes and the various internships I completed while at Curry," beamed Fitzgerald.
Curry Radio Station, WMLN, Captures Three Associated Press Awards
The Associated Press (AP) has honored WMLN-FM 91.5, Curry College radio, in its annual Massachusetts/Rhode Island contest. WMLN has won three prestigious awards in the 2013 College Radio categories: Breaking News- Election Night 2012, Best Sports Play-by-Play, Curry College Football vs. MIT and Best Sports Pre-Game ShowGo to story