“The connections you can make in Boston, as well as the opportunities in the surrounding areas here, are second to none in the media industry. Being at Curry, there are so many different ways to get your foot in the door early, at places like NESN, The Boston Globe and Gillette Stadium, home of the New England Patriots and Revolution.”
Nick Ironside '14
Reporter, Hickory Daily Record, NC
- Dr. Karen Lischinsky's Work with MA Restorative Justice Collaborative Continues to Garner National Attention
- Curry College Awarded Nursing Grant through Massachusetts Department of Higher Education
- Local Radio Host Robert Hakala, Jr. '96 Graces Cover of 'Cape & Plymouth Business' Magazine
- More News >
- New Student Orientation 2015: Transfer Students
- Art Exhibit: 'Absence & Presence - A Printmaking Response to the Bombing of Al-Mutanabbi Street'
August 28 - October 23
- Homecoming and Family Weekend 2015
September 25 - September 27
- More Events >
- You are here:
- Curry College - Home /
- About Curry /
- News & Events /
- Recent News /
- All News /
- Jennifer Fogarty ’09 Featured in Worcester T&G; Theatre Alum Shines in Dark Comedy “The Addams Family”
Jennifer Fogarty ’09 Featured in Worcester T&G; Theatre Alum Shines in Dark Comedy “The Addams Family”
June 26, 2013
WORCESTER, Mass. - AP - Family life has taken a new turn for Jennifer Fogarty since she took a bus from Boston to New York City last year to audition for a pending new production.
Fogarty was cast as Wednesday, the "lovable princess of darkness," in the Broadway touring show of "The Addams Family,"
"Worcester is a wonderful place for `The Addams Family' to come," said Fogarty, who grew up in Marlborough. Because of that local connection (she said she's been to The Palladium in Worcester "more than a handful of times," as well as The Hanover Theatre), there will be friends, former teachers, and family members in the audience during the course of the show's stay. "I'm excited to be there," she said.
Meanwhile, it is just as well that the cast members of "The Addams Family" seem to be getting along like ... well, family. The production had rehearsals in January, hit the road Feb. 1, and Fogarty's contract with the show runs through June 2014.
"Oh my God it's so much fun," Fogarty said of being an Addams family member during a recent telephone interview from Columbus, Ga., where the show was playing.
"Sometimes you feel guilty about your job because it's so much fun. I'm very thankful for it."
Read the full article on the Worcester Telegram & Gazette website...