“Dare to dream, but be not an idle dreamer. Dare to do what you dream.”
Samuel Silas Curry
- Matt Fitzgerald '13 Tapped to Co-anchor Boston Herald Radio's 'The Lede'
- Professor Joani Geltman's 'A Survival Guide for Parenting Teens...' Featured in 'Boston Globe'
- Dr. Karen Lischinsky Featured in 'New York Times' Article on Restorative Justice
- More News >
- New Student Welcome Weekend 2014
August 30 - September 2
- Spirit Week 2014! - For New and Returning Students
September 1 - September 7
- New Student Academic Convocation 2014
- More Events >
- You are here:
- Curry College - Home /
- About Curry /
- News & Events /
- Recent News /
- All News /
- Curry Students Lend a Helping Hand to Families in Need
Curry Students Lend a Helping Hand to Families in Need
December 5, 2012
Curry College student volunteers partnered with campus offices in the areas of student activities, residence life, spiritual life and athletics along with Sodexo Dining services to collect donations and feed thousands of Massachusetts families this holiday season. Over a two-week period, the Curry College community collected 6,170 pounds of nutritious and non-perishable food and donated it to the Greater Boston Food Bank. That's enough to provide 4,746 meals to hungry Massachusetts families.
Volunteers collected the food for 'Helping Hands Across America,' a campus and nation-wide event benefiting several notable charities. In addition to the food, Curry College student volunteers collected new art and school supplies for Jimmy Fund patients. They also gathered children's clothing for Cradles to Crayons, a charity providing essential supplies to more than 400,000 low-income and homeless Massachusetts children.