“I take the shuttle into Boston on the weekends with my friends. A lot of them haven't been to Faneuil Hall and I've lived close to the city all of my life, so I'm always the one to show them around. So it's really fun to go away on the weekend with the girls.”
Alyxis Crompton '18
Major: Special Education
- Homecoming and Family Weekend 2015 Round-up: Family, Friends, Fall and Fun!
- Katz Gymnasium named in Honor of Dr. Eleanor Meyerhoff Katz
- Class of 2019 Welcomed at Academic Convocation
- More News >
- Art Exhibit: 'Absence & Presence - A Printmaking Response to the Bombing of Al-Mutanabbi Street'
September 10 - October 23
- Senior Conference, Fall 2015: Featuring Social Media & Digital Identity Expert Eric Stoller
- Open House - Fall 2015
October 25 - November 1
- More Events >
- You are here:
- Curry College - Home /
- About Curry /
- News & Events /
- Recent News /
- All News /
- Curry Students Lend a Helping Hand to Families in Need
Curry Students Lend a Helping Hand to Families in Need
December 5, 2012
Curry College student volunteers partnered with campus offices in the areas of student activities, residence life, spiritual life and athletics along with Sodexo Dining services to collect donations and feed thousands of Massachusetts families this holiday season. Over a two-week period, the Curry College community collected 6,170 pounds of nutritious and non-perishable food and donated it to the Greater Boston Food Bank. That's enough to provide 4,746 meals to hungry Massachusetts families.
Volunteers collected the food for 'Helping Hands Across America,' a campus and nation-wide event benefiting several notable charities. In addition to the food, Curry College student volunteers collected new art and school supplies for Jimmy Fund patients. They also gathered children's clothing for Cradles to Crayons, a charity providing essential supplies to more than 400,000 low-income and homeless Massachusetts children.