“It's great that Curry has shuttles going into Boston so we could do things like go to Celtics and Bruins games throughout the season.”
Monica Distefano '14
6th Grade Math Teacher
Major: Elementary Education
- Homecoming and Family Weekend 2015 Round-up: Family, Friends, Fall and Fun!
- Katz Gymnasium named in Honor of Dr. Eleanor Meyerhoff Katz
- Class of 2019 Welcomed at Academic Convocation
- More News >
- Art Exhibit: 'Absence & Presence - A Printmaking Response to the Bombing of Al-Mutanabbi Street'
September 10 - October 23
- Senior Conference, Fall 2015: Featuring Social Media & Digital Identity Expert Eric Stoller
- Open House - Fall 2015
October 25 - November 1
- More Events >
- You are here:
- Curry College - Home /
- About Curry /
- News & Events /
- Recent News /
- All News /
- Curry College Senior Ian DeLong Signs Professional Hockey Contract
Curry College Senior Ian DeLong Signs Professional Hockey Contract
March 12, 2013
Curry College senior Ian DeLong (Kutztown, Pa.) has signed a professional contract with the Wheeling (WV) Nailers of the East Coast Hockey League (ECHL). The Nailers are a minor league affiliate of the Pittsburgh Penguins and Montreal Canadiens.
DeLong, 24, officially signed with the Nailers on March 1. He has already appeared in three games for Wheeling after wrapping up his collegiate career with the Colonels last month.
DeLong was an assistant captain for the Curry hockey squad during the 2012-2013 season, leading the team in scoring with 30 points on 14 goals and 16 assists. He was named All-ECAC Northeast First Team and was a semi-finalist for the prestigious Joe Concannon Award.
"I am very happy that Ian has been given an opportunity to play pro hockey at such a high level," said Curry College Head Coach T.J. Manastersky. "He has worked hard at improving both his skills and knowledge of the game and it is gratifying to see his efforts pay off. I am excited to see him continue his career in hockey. Hopefully this experience will open some doors for him next season."