“Curry College inspired me to want to go on to become successful.”
Gary Leopold '77
President/CEO, ISM Travel and Lifestyle Marketing
- Welcome New Faculty!
- Class of 2018 Welcomed at New Student Academic Convocation
- Theatre Professor Gail Phaneuf Takes Her Musical "The Love Note" Off-Broadway
- More News >
- Homecoming and Family Weekend 2014
September 19 - September 21
- The Keighton Fund of Curry College Presents, 'The Song Cycle: Beethoven and Schumann'
- Millennial Workplace Expert Lindsey Pollak to Headline 5th Annual Curry College Senior Conference
- More Events >
- You are here:
- Curry College - Home /
- About Curry /
- News & Events /
- Recent News /
- All News /
- Curry College Senior Ian DeLong Signs Professional Hockey Contract
Curry College Senior Ian DeLong Signs Professional Hockey Contract
March 12, 2013
Curry College senior Ian DeLong (Kutztown, Pa.) has signed a professional contract with the Wheeling (WV) Nailers of the East Coast Hockey League (ECHL). The Nailers are a minor league affiliate of the Pittsburgh Penguins and Montreal Canadiens.
DeLong, 24, officially signed with the Nailers on March 1. He has already appeared in three games for Wheeling after wrapping up his collegiate career with the Colonels last month.
DeLong was an assistant captain for the Curry hockey squad during the 2012-2013 season, leading the team in scoring with 30 points on 14 goals and 16 assists. He was named All-ECAC Northeast First Team and was a semi-finalist for the prestigious Joe Concannon Award.
"I am very happy that Ian has been given an opportunity to play pro hockey at such a high level," said Curry College Head Coach T.J. Manastersky. "He has worked hard at improving both his skills and knowledge of the game and it is gratifying to see his efforts pay off. I am excited to see him continue his career in hockey. Hopefully this experience will open some doors for him next season."