“Dare to dream, but be not an idle dreamer. Dare to do what you dream.”
Samuel Silas Curry
- Community Health & Wellness Students Network at Annual Public Health Conference
- Board of Trustees Announces New Members
- RN-BS Students Host Health Promotion Fair
- More News >
- Curry Theatre Presents: Mark Twain's 'Is He Dead?'
December 7 - December 10
- The Keighton Fund of Curry College Presents: Triple Helix, Piano Trio
- Curry Presents International Anti-Violence Exhibit, "Al-Mutanabbi Street Starts Here"
- More Events >
- You are here:
- Curry College - Home /
- About Curry /
- News & Events /
- Recent News /
- All News /
- Huffington Post Article Recognizes Dr. Karen Lischinsky’s Work with MA Restorative Justice Collaborative
Huffington Post Article Recognizes Dr. Karen Lischinsky’s Work with MA Restorative Justice Collaborative
August 12, 2013
Dr. Karen Lischinsky, Assistant Professor of Criminal Justice and Sociology at Curry College was recently recognized for her work in an article published in the 'Crime' Section of The Huffington Post entitled, "Restorative Justice Behind Prison Walls." The article was penned by Pierre R. Berastaín, a student at the Harvard Divinity School and co-founder of the Massachusetts Restorative Justice Collaborative.
Dr. Lischinsky has been working with the collaborative at the Massachusetts Correctional Institution (MCI) in Norfolk, and in the summer of 2013, the group held a two day retreat and restorative justice conference, which Berastaín describes in the article:
"With the help of my friend and colleague Professor Karen Lischinsky, the men from the Restorative Justice Group at MCI-Norfolk Prison worked for many months to host a two-day restorative justice retreat behind prison walls. Let me repeat: The men serving time at Norfolk Prison helped put together a retreat meant to inspire inmates to rehabilitate, mend the harms they have caused, and make promises to the community in and outside the prison walls that they will live more honest and honorable lives. The experience felt transformative."