“Dare to dream, but be not an idle dreamer. Dare to do what you dream.”
Samuel Silas Curry
- Spring Break in Silicon Valley: Information Technology, Business Management Students Meet with Tech Giants
- Curry Film/TV Student a Finalist in NESN Producing Competition
- Trustee Ruth Ellen Fitch Appointed to the Massachusetts Pension Reserves Investment Management (PRIM) Board
- More News >
- 'Senior 7: Off the Grid' - Spring Art & Design Exhibit (Reception, 5/17)
April 2 - May 17
- Spring Student Art & Design Exhibit (Reception, 4/11)
April 6 - April 11
- Accepted Student Day 2015
- More Events >
- You are here:
- Curry College - Home /
- About Curry /
- News & Events /
- Recent News /
- All News /
- Curry College Hosts Basketball Clinic for Milton Youths
Curry College Hosts Basketball Clinic for Milton Youths
January 15, 2014
On January 6 and January 8, the Curry College men's and women's basketball teams hosted free skills clinics for boys and girls from the Town of Milton in Grades 3 through 8. The program was offered to members of the town's Snow Ball Winter Weekend Youth Basketball League. A total of more than 70 young Milton residents participated over the two-night event.
The Colonels' basketball coaches designed programs for two separate age groups - boys and girls in grades 3-5 and boys and girls in grades 6-8. The programs emphasized instruction in the fundamentals of the game, and featured Curry student-athletes working individually with the grade-school children.
"We were pleased to have an opportunity to give something back to the Milton community," said Men's Basketball Coach Malcolm Wynn.
Women's Basketball Head Coach Fran Elms added: "It's great to see the older kids giving something back to the younger ones. It's a special experience when a third-grader establishes a bond with a college athlete."
Both coaches are looking forward to seeing the kids from Milton and their families at upcoming Colonels' home games. "In addition to watching us play," said Elms, "we'd like to invite their youth recreational teams to play on our court between games of our home doubleheaders," said Elms.