“When I was looking for colleges I wanted to be near or in Boston because that is where I saw plenty of opportunities within the IT field.”
Stacy Osorio '14
Major: Information Technology
- Curry College Featured on Fox 25 “College Tour”
- A Field of Dreams: Curry TV Student Spends Summer with NESN Red Sox Baseball Coverage
- John Fish Makes Case for Boston Olympics at Curry College Forum
- More News >
- Fall 2014 Open House
October 26 - November 2
- New York City Reception for Alumni, Parents and Friends
- Free Workshop for Guidance Counselors and Educational Consultants: Helping Students with Learning Disabilities Navigate the College Search
- More Events >
- You are here:
- Curry College - Home /
- About Curry /
- News & Events /
- Recent News /
- All News /
- Curry College Hosts Basketball Clinic for Milton Youths
Curry College Hosts Basketball Clinic for Milton Youths
January 15, 2014
On January 6 and January 8, the Curry College men's and women's basketball teams hosted free skills clinics for boys and girls from the Town of Milton in Grades 3 through 8. The program was offered to members of the town's Snow Ball Winter Weekend Youth Basketball League. A total of more than 70 young Milton residents participated over the two-night event.
The Colonels' basketball coaches designed programs for two separate age groups - boys and girls in grades 3-5 and boys and girls in grades 6-8. The programs emphasized instruction in the fundamentals of the game, and featured Curry student-athletes working individually with the grade-school children.
"We were pleased to have an opportunity to give something back to the Milton community," said Men's Basketball Coach Malcolm Wynn.
Women's Basketball Head Coach Fran Elms added: "It's great to see the older kids giving something back to the younger ones. It's a special experience when a third-grader establishes a bond with a college athlete."
Both coaches are looking forward to seeing the kids from Milton and their families at upcoming Colonels' home games. "In addition to watching us play," said Elms, "we'd like to invite their youth recreational teams to play on our court between games of our home doubleheaders," said Elms.