“It's great that Curry has shuttles going into Boston so we could do things like go to Celtics and Bruins games throughout the season.”
Monica Distefano '14
6th Grade Math Teacher
Major: Elementary Education
- Curry College Awarded Nursing Grant through Massachusetts Department of Higher Education
- Local Radio Host Robert Hakala, Jr. '96 Graces Cover of 'Cape & Plymouth Business' Magazine
- 'Newsweek' Publishes Professor Aaron Arnold's (Co-written) Article on Iran Nuclear Negotiations
- More News >
- New Student Orientation 2015: Transfer Students
- Homecoming and Family Weekend 2015
September 25 - September 27
- Open House - Fall 2015
October 25 - November 1
- More Events >
- You are here:
- Curry College - Home /
- About Curry /
- News & Events /
- Recent News /
- All News /
- Theatre Professor Gail Phaneuf Takes Her Musical "The Love Note" Off-Broadway
Theatre Professor Gail Phaneuf Takes Her Musical "The Love Note" Off-Broadway
September 3, 2014
Award-winning playwright, director and Curry College Senior Lecturer Gail Phaneuf was recently recognized in the Boston Globe for taking her musical, "The Love Note," off-Broadway in the fall of 2014. "The Love Note" was first performed by Curry College theatre students in the spring of 2009.
From the Boston Globe article:
"It's just a universal story," Phaneuf said, of the musical, which is about a young woman dealing with school cliques and a crush. "It's not about adults working this out for kids, it's about kids working it out for kids."
A lecturer in Curry's Theatre Program since 2006, Phaneuf brings a bevy of real world experience to her students. Not only does she teach to them the elements of theatre and performance, but the program gives her students tools they can use in any profession they choose after Curry.
"Though few of my students go into theatre as a full-time career, the lessons learned here at Curry continue to help them in their everyday life. They acquire skills like public speaking, PR, design, organization, meeting deadlines, and much more."