“It's great that Curry has shuttles going into Boston so we could do things like go to Celtics and Bruins games throughout the season.”
Monica Distefano '14
6th Grade Math Teacher
Major: Elementary Education
- Dr. Karen Lischinsky's Work with MA Restorative Justice Collaborative Continues to Garner National Attention
- Curry College Awarded Nursing Grant through Massachusetts Department of Higher Education
- Local Radio Host Robert Hakala, Jr. '96 Graces Cover of 'Cape & Plymouth Business' Magazine
- More News >
- New Student Orientation 2015: Transfer Students
- Art Exhibit: 'Absence & Presence - A Printmaking Response to the Bombing of Al-Mutanabbi Street'
August 28 - October 23
- Homecoming and Family Weekend 2015
September 25 - September 27
- More Events >
- You are here:
- Curry College - Home /
- About Curry /
- News & Events /
- Recent News /
- All News /
- Krista Selnau '09 Receives Prestigious Equal Justice Fellowship
Krista Selnau '09 Receives Prestigious Equal Justice Fellowship
September 16, 2013
Krista Selnau '09, Politics and History/English, was recently awarded one of 57 law postgraduate Equal Justice Works Fellowships for the 2013-2015 fellowship term. In the fall of 2013, she started her Fellowship at Legal Aid of Arkansas' Medical-Legal Partnership at Arkansas Children's Hospital in Little Rock, Arkansas, with a focus on the Hematology/Oncology clinic.
The project is designed to identify the special needs facing children and their families in the Hematology/Oncology clinic by developing targeted screening protocols through the use of focus groups and data collection. She will address the underlying social determinants of health and will directly represent patient-clients in cases such as housing, special education and SSI/SSDI. This Equal Justice Works Fellowship is sponsored by Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld and Walmart.
Says Selnau, "Equal Justice Works Fellowships afford recent law graduates the opportunity to develop their dream job in the form of a public interest law two-year Fellowship project. I am honored and thrilled to have been chosen!"
After graduating from Curry College, Selnau graduated with a Juris Doctor degree from Suffolk University Law School in May 2012 and was sworn in as an attorney in Arkansas in May of 2013.