“Dare to dream, but be not an idle dreamer. Dare to do what you dream.”
Samuel Silas Curry
- Communication Students Experience Hollywood, Up Close
- Trustee Joyce A. Murphy Honored by Greater Boston Chamber of Commerce, Massachusetts Health Council, and Boston Globe Magazine
- Communication Major Elaina Druid '16 Awarded "Emerging Leader Scholarship" by Public Relations Society of America
- More News >
- 'Layers': MGNE National Juried Student Exhibition of Monotypes & Monoprints
- Accepted Student Day 2015
- Commencement 2015
- More Events >
- You are here:
- Curry College - Home /
- About Curry /
- News & Events /
- Recent News /
- All News /
- Krista Selnau '09 Receives Prestigious Equal Justice Fellowship
Krista Selnau '09 Receives Prestigious Equal Justice Fellowship
September 16, 2013
Krista Selnau '09, Politics and History/English, was recently awarded one of 57 law postgraduate Equal Justice Works Fellowships for the 2013-2015 fellowship term. In the fall of 2013, she started her Fellowship at Legal Aid of Arkansas' Medical-Legal Partnership at Arkansas Children's Hospital in Little Rock, Arkansas, with a focus on the Hematology/Oncology clinic.
The project is designed to identify the special needs facing children and their families in the Hematology/Oncology clinic by developing targeted screening protocols through the use of focus groups and data collection. She will address the underlying social determinants of health and will directly represent patient-clients in cases such as housing, special education and SSI/SSDI. This Equal Justice Works Fellowship is sponsored by Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld and Walmart.
Says Selnau, "Equal Justice Works Fellowships afford recent law graduates the opportunity to develop their dream job in the form of a public interest law two-year Fellowship project. I am honored and thrilled to have been chosen!"
After graduating from Curry College, Selnau graduated with a Juris Doctor degree from Suffolk University Law School in May 2012 and was sworn in as an attorney in Arkansas in May of 2013.