“Curry College inspired me to want to go on to become successful.”
Gary Leopold '77
President/CEO, ISM Travel and Lifestyle Marketing
- Curry Colonel Appears on Fox 25 to Promote Upcoming “College Tour”
- Welcome New Faculty!
- Class of 2018 Welcomed at New Student Academic Convocation
- More News >
- Homecoming and Family Weekend 2014
September 19 - September 21
- Celebration of the Arts and 'Geometric Eye'
- The Keighton Fund of Curry College Presents, 'The Song Cycle: Beethoven and Schumann'
- More Events >
- You are here:
- Curry College - Home /
- About Curry /
- News & Events /
- Recent News /
- All News /
- Curry Radio Station, WMLN, Captures Three Associated Press Awards
Curry Radio Station, WMLN, Captures Three Associated Press Awards
April 15, 2013
The Associated Press (AP) has honored WMLN-FM 91.5, Curry College radio, in its annual Massachusetts/Rhode Island contest.
WMLN has won three prestigious awards in the 2013 College Radio categories:
- Breaking News- Election Night 2012
- Best Sports Play-by-Play, Curry College Football vs. MIT
- Best Sports Pre-Game Show
Professor Alan Frank, Director of Curry Radio, says that WMLN-FM has won a number of AP Awards over the past 28 years.
"The talent of my students over the last 28 years of AP wins speaks highly of their skills and abilities in audio production and news/sports reporting. It has been my honor to work with these students all these many years. As a result of these victories, Curry and its academic radio program is well-known and respected, and results in internships and jobs."
Congratulations to the following students and alumni who played a role in the award-winning coverage:
- Matt Fitzgerald'13- News
- Stephen Nicholson'13- News
- Nick Colicchio'14- News
- Antoine Nessralla'13- News
- Elizabeth Kalaijia'14- News
- Matt Cote '14- Sports
- Alex Danahy'13- Sports
- Tom Quinlan'13- Sports
- Marita MacKinnon '11- News and Sports Production
Many notable competitors at a variety of college and university radio stations submitted programs, with only four institutions - Curry College, Emerson, UMass and Brown University - receiving awards.
COM Student Matt Fitzgerald '13 Wins Regional Emmy Award
Communication student Matt Fitzgerald '13 recently won the "Talent" category in the Boston/New England Emmy Awards for colleges and universities. Fitzgerald is an anchor at Curry's on-campus television station CC8, and recently conducted an interview with Boston Police Commissioner Ed Davis.Go to story