“I chose Curry because I really enjoyed the campus feel, I felt safe there. I also looked at the students and I saw me. I felt like I could relate to them. I felt comfortable and that was really important-just fitting in.”
Alicia (Viscomi) Williams '09
Owner/President, Aliste' Internet Marketing, Inc.
- John Fish Makes Case for Boston Olympics at Curry College Forum
- All 'Eye's Drawn to Curry's Newest Sculpture
- Homecoming and Family Weekend 2014 Celebrates Family, Friends, Fall and Fun!
- More News >
- Fall 2014 Open House
October 26 - November 2
- New York City Reception for Alumni, Parents and Friends
- Free Workshop for Guidance Counselors and Educational Consultants: Helping Students with Learning Disabilities Navigate the College Search
- More Events >
- You are here:
- Curry College - Home /
- About Curry /
- News & Events /
- Upcoming Events /
- All Events /
- New Student Academic Convocation 2014
New Student Academic Convocation 2014
September 2, 2014
Curry College celebrates the start of each academic year with an Academic Convocation ceremony to recognize entering students as new members of the college.
The celebration begins with new students processing from the residence halls to the Student Center, where they are greeted by faculty who may adorn full academic regalia. During the ceremony, new students participate in the class oath and receive the official Class of 2018 pin.
Student, faculty and campus leaders as well as an alumnus offer words of welcome and encouragement to the entering class. Following the convocation ceremony, new students gather outside the Student Center for refreshments with faculty, student leaders, and convocation staff.
The procession will begin at 9:30 a.m., followed by the Academic Convocation ceremony in the Student Center Gymnasium. A reception will take place after the ceremony in Westhaver Park (front of Student Center).