“Curry College inspired me to want to go on to become successful.”
Gary Leopold '77
President/CEO, ISM Travel and Lifestyle Marketing
- Dr. Karen Lischinsky Featured in 'New York Times' Article on Restorative Justice
- Communication Students Receive College Emmy Nomination for RED Camera Film
- Curry College Receives $288,000 DESE Grant to Address Principal Shortage in Massachusetts
- More News >
- New Student Orientation 2014: Transfer Students
- New Student Academic Convocation 2014
- Homecoming and Family Weekend 2014
September 19 - September 21
- More Events >
- You are here:
- Curry College - Home /
- About Curry /
- News & Events /
- Upcoming Events /
- All Events /
- The Keighton Fund of Curry College Presents: 'The Story of Civil War America in Song'
The Keighton Fund of Curry College Presents: 'The Story of Civil War America in Song'
April 14, 2014
Hafer, Parents' Lounge
The Keighton Fund will proudly present its spring 2014 performance, The Story of Civil War America in Song on Monday, April 14. The event starts at 7:00 p.m. and will be held in the Parents' Lounge of the Hafer Academic Building. A reception will follow.
Soprano Beth Canterbury and Pianist Matthew Larson, Ph.D. will perform a variety of works tracing the arc of the Civil War, from secession to surrender. The works include songs detailing the Union and Confederate perspectives as well as popular African-American spirituals. This musical celebration is free and open to the public, however, seating is limited.
The Keighton Fund was established in 1990 by the Pines Bridge Foundation and named for Dr. Robert L. Keighton, an active and dedicated Professor of Politics and History who has been teaching at Curry College for more than 45 years. The purpose of the fund is "to provide lectures and performances at Curry College by individuals who are prominent in the fields of academics, arts, sciences and public service."