“It's great that Curry has shuttles going into Boston so we can do things like go to Celtics and Bruins games throughout the season.”
Monica Distefano '14
Major: Elementary Education
- Homecoming and Family Weekend 2014 Celebrates Family, Friends, Fall and Fun!
- Curry Colonel Appears on Fox 25 to Promote Upcoming “College Tour”
- Welcome New Faculty!
- More News >
- Millennial Workplace Expert Lindsey Pollak to Headline 5th Annual Curry College Senior Conference
- Fall 2014 Open House
October 26 - November 2
- New York City Reception for Alumni, Parents and Friends
- More Events >
- You are here:
- Curry College - Home /
- About Curry /
- News & Events /
- Upcoming Events /
- All Events /
- The Keighton Fund of Curry College Presents: 'The Story of Civil War America in Song'
The Keighton Fund of Curry College Presents: 'The Story of Civil War America in Song'
April 14, 2014
Hafer, Parents' Lounge
The Keighton Fund will proudly present its spring 2014 performance, The Story of Civil War America in Song on Monday, April 14. The event starts at 7:00 p.m. and will be held in the Parents' Lounge of the Hafer Academic Building. A reception will follow.
Soprano Beth Canterbury and Pianist Matthew Larson, Ph.D. will perform a variety of works tracing the arc of the Civil War, from secession to surrender. The works include songs detailing the Union and Confederate perspectives as well as popular African-American spirituals. This musical celebration is free and open to the public, however, seating is limited.
The Keighton Fund was established in 1990 by the Pines Bridge Foundation and named for Dr. Robert L. Keighton, an active and dedicated Professor of Politics and History who has been teaching at Curry College for more than 45 years. The purpose of the fund is "to provide lectures and performances at Curry College by individuals who are prominent in the fields of academics, arts, sciences and public service."