“I take the shuttle into Boston on the weekends with my friends. A lot of them haven't been to Faneuil Hall and I've lived close to the city all of my life, so I'm always the one to show them around. So it's really fun to go away on the weekend with the girls.”
Alyxis Crompton '18
Major: Special Education
- Class of 2019 Welcomed at Academic Convocation
- Welcome New Faculty!
- Curry College Touted in Boston Herald
- More News >
- Welcome Home Week 2015 - For New and Returning Students
August 28 - September 7
- Art Exhibit: 'Absence & Presence - A Printmaking Response to the Bombing of Al-Mutanabbi Street'
September 10 - October 23
- Homecoming and Family Weekend 2015
September 25 - September 27
- More Events >
Buildings and Grounds
The Buildings and Grounds Department is a service organization tasked with operating and maintaining all Curry College facilities, including 135 picturesque acres of land in the heart of Milton, Massachusetts, along with 46 campus buildings.
The department is comprised of the following divisions:
The office staff consists of a Director, Assistant Director, Manager of Capital Projects, Foreman of Trades, Foreman of Grounds, Senior Administrative Assistant, Administrative Assistant, Accounting Clerk, and a part-time Health & Safety Manager.
The trades crew is responsible for structural, mechanical and electrical maintenance including but not limited to the following:
- Electricity and Lighting
- HVAC (Heat, ventilation and air conditioning)
- Domestic Hot Water
- Bathroom Fixtures and Drains
- Interior and Exterior Painting
- Doors and Locks
- Window and Door Glass, Screens
- Pest control
- Trash Pick-up
The grounds crew is responsible for maintaining the grounds and outward appearance of the College. This includes but is not limited to the following:
- Maintaining the D. Forbes Will Athletic Field Complex
- Event Set-ups
- Mowing, Lawn Care
- Moving Furniture
- Snow Removal
The janitorial service, McGarr Service Corp., reports to the Assistant Director and works closely with the department on a daily basis to ensure all housekeeping issues are taken care of in a timely fashion. Typical services include but are not limited to the following:
- Cleaning Residence halls, Office Areas and Academic Spaces
- Bathroom Cleaning and Stocking
- Carpet Cleaning
- Washing and Waxing VCT Flooring
- Porter service for major events
To report an emergency, make a routine maintenance request, or find more helpful information please visit the Buildings and Grounds page on the myCurry portal.