- Psychology Professor Dr. Eric Weiser Studies the Relationship of "Selfies" and Narcissism in Latest Publication
- Dr. Susan LaRocco (Nursing) Targets the "Invisible" Symptoms of Parkinson's Disease in Latest Publication
- Dr. Ann Leonard-Zabel Awarded Diplomat Credential from the American Board for Certification in Homeland Security
- More News >
- Welcome Home Week 2015 - For New and Returning Students
August 28 - September 7
- New Student Academic Convocation
- Art Exhibit: 'Absence & Presence - A Printmaking Response to the Bombing of Al-Mutanabbi Street'
September 10 - October 23
- More Events >
- You are here:
- Curry College - Home /
- About Curry /
- Support Curry /
- Ways to Give /
- Stocks and Securities
Stocks and Securities
Outright gifts of appreciated securities (stocks, bonds, mutual fund shares) are tax deductible at full fair market value if the donor has owned the asset for more than 12 months. To maximize tax deductions, gifts must consist of the securities themselves, not the proceeds of their sale.
Gifts of closely held stock (usually stock in a family-owned business) also carry benefits for the donor. The stock must have been held for more than 12 months to claim a charitable deduction at full fair market value. If the deduction exceeds $10,000, a qualified appraisal is required for tax purposes.
Additional details about stocks and securities are available by contacting the Office of Institutional Advancement by email or phone at (617) 333-2121.
To make a gift of stocks and securities, please download the Stocks and Securities Transfer Instructions (PDF).