Number (in thousands) of Curry College Alumni
- Boston Globe CEO Mike Sheehan to Deliver Commencement Address
- Philanthropists John W. Keith and Shelley Hoon Keith to Receive Honorary Degrees
- Prof. Cathleen Santos Named President-Elect of ANA-MA
- More News >
- Curry Dance Spring 2015 Showcase: THRESHOLD
May 1 - May 2
- Conference: "New Directions in Violence Prevention"
- Commencement 2015
- More Events >
- You are here:
- Curry College - Home /
- Alumni /
- Keeping Up With Curry /
- Alumni Play Vital Role in Accepted Student Day
Alumni Play Vital Role in Accepted Student Day
On April 5, 2014, Curry College welcomed prospective students from the class of 2018 as part of Accepted Student Day. To assist with the numerous activities taking place throughout the day, alumni generously volunteered their time to assist in different areas. While some were the friendly face greeting accepted students and families on the trolleys, others were giving tours of our beautiful campus to future students. Despite the specific role each alum played, all were vital to the success of this important day.
One of the day's events focused solely on alumni, showcasing their post-Curry journeys and allowing alums to reflect on how their Curry experience has led them to where they are today. The Young Alumni Panel included four alums: Carolyn McPartlin '13, Ana Bottary '13, Michael Worrick '11, and Yaniv Havusha '08. By seeing and understanding how our students used their time and resources at Curry to pave the way toward their dream careers, parents of the accepted students were able to see where their daughter or son could be in 5 or 10 years.
Where they are today:
- Carolyn McPartlin '13 is a Registered Nurse working in the pediatric unit of UMass Memorial Center in Worcester. Carolyn was able to secure a job shortly after graduating and passing her nursing boards.
- Ana Bottary '13 is currently working as a Reporter for Charter TV 3 in Worcester. Prior to this, she was a Reporter for WAGM-TV in Presque Isle, Maine.
- Michael Worrick '11 is working as a Police Officer in Newmarket, New Hampshire.
- Yaniv Havusha '08 is a Resident Director at Merrimack College where he recently obtained his Master's Degree in Higher Education/Student Affairs.
Thank you to all of our alumni who helped us welcome the Class of 2018 to Curry!
If you are interested in becoming involved with events such as this, please contact us at email@example.com or 617-333-2121.
The Annual Fund supports all areas of the institution and allows the college to use the funds in areas where they are most needed. The college has designated this fund as the top priority for annual gifts, supporting infrastructure and core programs such scholarships and financial aid, faculty, student life, technology and more.
Charitable contributions from alumni, parents, friends, corporations and charitable foundations help fuel our growth and improve the educational experience for our students. Ways to give include unrestricted and restricted gifts, bequests, stocks and securities, matching gifts and more.