“We were just like one big family in the residence halls, and we always found lots to do, including weekend trips around the region through Curry Up & Go. When the new Student Center opened in 2009, everybody's enthusiasm got a boost because it's an awesome place with even more to do.”
Carrie Hormanski '10
Major: Criminal Justice
- Awards Recognition Ceremony Celebrates the Best of Curry 2012-2013
- Curry College Equestrian Places 5th at National Championship Competition
- BPD Commissioner Ed Davis Visits Curry
- More News >
- Commencement 2013
- New Student Orientation 2013: First-Year Students
June 6 - June 20
- New Student Orientation 2013: Transfer Students
July 18 - August 1
- More Events >
ONE Curry is a student activist group that educates and empowers students through the International ONE campaign. Their mission is to spread awareness on the issues of extreme poverty, AIDS, and other human injustices. In addition, ONE Curry also raises money to fight these issues through specific projects. Some of the club's activities include guest lecturers, fundraisers, and a student talent show.
ONE Curry brings together a community of individuals who are committed to spreading human equality. Through a collective voice, ONE Curry will raise awareness through education on the issues of extreme poverty, AIDS, and other human injustices around the world. Additionally, ONE Curry will raise money to directly benefit those who are impoverished throughout the world.
ONE Curry is a non-discriminatory club. ONE Curry is open to all Curry College students, staff, and faculty members. ONE Curry is a non-partisan club and is open to all political backgrounds.
The following administrative positions within the club are available to members:
- Co-President - conducts meetings and coordinate schedules, events, and activities. They will also communicate with the faculty advisor when necessary.
- Student Government Representative - attends Student Government Association meetings to receive funding for ONE Curry.
- Millennium Campus Network (MCN) Representative - attends monthly MCN meetings to represent ONE Curry and Curry College.
- Public Relations Coordinator and Secretary - will take and post the minutes from meetings and coordinate press releases and publicity for events.
- Treasurer oversees spending and calculate costs to formulate a budget for ONE Curry funding.
- Outreach Coordinators will attend campus events such as Club Fairs, Open Houses, and Accepted Student Day as well as seek out opportunities to invite first year students to join ONE Curry. The Outreach coordinators will also assist the faculty advisor in keeping the website up to date.
- Historian - keeps records and photos about ONE Curry's events and memberships.
- Faculty Advisor - facilitates discussions among members about mission statements, goals, and objectives as well as assist in planning and coordinating events with the college.
For more information on the ONE Curry Club, please contact faculty advisor, Patty Kean at firstname.lastname@example.org.