- Dr. Karen Lischinsky's Work with MA Restorative Justice Collaborative Continues to Garner National Attention
- Curry College Awarded Nursing Grant through Massachusetts Department of Higher Education
- Local Radio Host Robert Hakala, Jr. '96 Graces Cover of 'Cape & Plymouth Business' Magazine
- More News >
- New Student Orientation 2015: Transfer Students
- Art Exhibit: 'Absence & Presence - A Printmaking Response to the Bombing of Al-Mutanabbi Street'
August 28 - October 23
- Homecoming and Family Weekend 2015
September 25 - September 27
- More Events >
Welcome to the official site for the 2015 Curry College Commencement Ceremony, and congratulations to the Class of 2015! Commencement week is a special time for students to get together with parents, family, faculty and staff to celebrate and reflect on everything they have accomplished during their time at Curry College.
Each graduate will receive four tickets for admission to the Commencement area due to limited seating under the tent. Please realize that the ticket for admission to the Commencement area is not a guarantee of seating. All seating under the tent will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis. We strongly suggest that you arrive prior to 9:00 a.m. Any additional guests are more than welcome to join us indoors at other designated viewing areas to watch the ceremony live on a large screen or join us in the standing room area outside of the tent on the baseball field.
To maintain the pomp and circumstance of Commencement, children in attendance will be expected to remain in their seats for the duration of the ceremony. Also for your safety, dogs are not permitted at the ceremony.
Students Eligible to Participate in Commencement
In order to participate in Commencement, a student needs to meet all of the following criteria.
- Be within nine (9) credits of degree completion
- Have a GPA of 2.0 or better
- Be in good financial standing with the College. Please be aware that all Curry bills must be paid in full in order to participate in Commencement and to receive your degree.
- Have not participated in the previous year's Commencement ceremony
*Master's degree candidates must have completed all degree requirements, and have a GPA of 3.0 or better
Students who have any questions regarding eligibility to participate in Commencement should contact their academic advisor.
Family and Guests are strongly encouraged to arrive prior to 9:00 a.m. to allow plenty of time for seating before the procession begins. The procession of graduates begins promptly at 9:30 a.m.
Curry College is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities who plan to attend campus sponsored events.
- A reserved seating section under the tent is available to accommodate the needs of guests with mobility, medical, visual, or hearing impairments.
- Tickets are required for seating in this section. Though each graduate may receive a maximum of four (4) tickets to this event, only two (2) of the tickets may be utilized in this reserved seating section (i.e., one ticket for family member with a disability, one additional ticket for an individual to accompany him/her). The reserved seating will be clearly marked.
- For individuals with a hearing impairment, a sign language interpreter will be provided on the stage throughout the ceremony. However, a formal request is necessary to assist in this process. To request a sign language interpreter, please call the Office of Disability Services at (617) 333-2385 before May 1.
- For individuals with mobility impairments, a special drop-off location has been reserved at the entrance to the D. Forbes Will Athletic Complex. Golf carts will transport guests to the tent from this location. The driver will be directed to the nearest lot where the vehicle may be parked. Due to the size of this event, there are a limited number of reserved parking spots available. To request a reserved parking spot, please contact the Office of Public Safety at (617) 333-2232 before May 1. Note: Reserved parking cannot be guaranteed after this date.
To receive further information on accommodations, as well as to request reserved seating due to disability, please contact the Office of Disability Services at (617) 333-2385 before May 1. Requests cannot be guaranteed after this date.
The College will make arrangements for a professional photographer to be present for both the Nurses Pinning Ceremony and Commencement. Personal videotaping of the ceremony, as a whole and/or of isolated segments, will not be accommodated due to space limitations and to respect the viewing needs of the seated audience.
Grad Images will record the moment students are awarded their diplomas. Full-color proofs of the photos will be emailed at no charge to students' Curry email addresses approximately one week after Commencement.
Hotel Accommodations for Family and Guests
If family and guests will be coming from out of town for Commencement activities and need local lodging accommodations, please see our list of area hotels for contact information and reservations. Please be advised that hotels fill up quickly for the Commencement season and we encourage you to reserve a room now before they are all booked.
Parking and Directions
Due to limited parking spaces, each graduate will receive two official Commencement parking permits for two guest cars to park on the campus. Please realize that parking permits for on-campus parking is not a guarantee. All parking spaces will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis. We strongly suggest that you arrive prior to 9:00 a.m. All cars should enter the campus through the main entrance gate on Blue Hill Avenue, where you will be directed to the appropriate parking area. Guests must have one of the two Commencement on-campus parking permits issued to graduates, clearly displayed on their car dashboard, to park on-campus. On-campus shuttles will transport guests from the various parking lots to the ceremony location at the D. Forbes Will Athletic Complex.
Trolley Bus Service: The College has made arrangements to provide round-trip trolley service from the various on-campus areas to the Commencement site at the D. Forbes Will Athletic Complex. For your convenience, trolleys will be making regular rounds for the duration of Commencement day activities.
Handicapped Parking: Parking spaces on campus during the Commencement is limited, the driver will need one of the two official Commencement on-campus parking permits each graduate will receive. If you need a handicapped parking space, you will need a Handicapped placard issued by the Registry Motor Vehicles or a Curry College handicap parking permit in conjunction with the official Commencement on-campus parking permit. To acquire a Curry handicap parking permit, we encourage you to register in advance at the Office of Public Safety. Graduating students will need to provide their name, address, and the name of the guest, the state, registration plate number, make, model, and color of the vehicle. This registration process will be in effect through Friday, May 15, 2015. A Curry College handicap parking permit will be distributed to guests through May 8, 2015. The designated lot for handicap parking will be the Athletic Field Lot where you will be assisted by a Public Safety Officer.
Any car without an official Commencement on-campus parking permit will not be allowed to park on campus, regardless if they have a handicapped placard issued by the Registry Motor Vehicles or a Curry handicapped parking permit. Please also realize that even with an official Commencement on-campus parking permit, due to the limited space on campus, handicapped parking spaces will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis until handicapped parking spaces are full. For more information, contact the Office of Public Safety at (617) 333-2232.