- Communication Students Experience Hollywood, Up Close
- Trustee Joyce A. Murphy Honored by Greater Boston Chamber of Commerce, Massachusetts Health Council, and Boston Globe Magazine
- Communication Major Elaina Druid '16 Awarded "Emerging Leader Scholarship" by Public Relations Society of America
- More News >
- 'Layers': MGNE National Juried Student Exhibition of Monotypes & Monoprints
February 1 - March 14
- Free Concert: 'Heartbeat' - Israeli and Palestinian Youth Musicians
- Accepted Student Day 2015
- More Events >
Information for Graduating Students
Students Eligible to Participate in Commencement
In order to participate in Commencement, a student needs to meet all of the following criteria.
- Be within nine (9) credits of degree completion
- Have a GPA of 2.0 or better
- Be in good financial standing with the College. Please be aware that all Curry bills must be paid in full in order to participate in Commencement and to receive your degree.
- Have not participated in the previous year's Commencement ceremony
*Master's degree candidates must have completed all degree requirements, and have a GPA of 3.0 or better
Students who have any questions regarding eligibility to participate in Commencement should contact their academic advisor.
Caps and Gowns/Senior Survey
Graduates are reminded that caps and gowns are required for all participants. Caps and gowns will be available for purchase at the bookstore approximately May 2 and must be picked up prior to Commencement day. There is no need for bachelor's degree recipients to place an order with the bookstore. We will have a variety of sizes available. The cost of regalia for bachelor's degree candidates is $(TBD) plus sales tax. Master's degree candidates must purchase their regalia by April 7 at a cost of $(TBD) plus tax. If you have questions, please call the bookstore at (617) 333-2322. All regalia must be picked up by Friday, May 15.
All seniors must complete a Senior Survey at the Center for Career Development between May 1 and 16, M-F, from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., before purchasing their cap & gown. Once you have completed the survey, the Center for Career Development will give you a voucher to pick up your cap and gown.
*Continuing Education graduates do not complete the Senior Survey
Commencement Fair- Everything you need all in one place!*
Date: Tuesday, April 21
Time: 10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Location: Student Center
*NOTE: For Traditional Undergraduates Only
- Pick up your cap and gown
- Pick up your graduation tickets and parking passes
- Complete the Senior Survey
- Settle outstanding financial matters with Student Financial Services
Class of 2015 Orator and Singer
The Dean of Students Office is seeking traditional day division students in the Class of 2015 who are interested in becoming the class speaker or the singer of the National Anthem. Applications will be available in the Office of Campus Life starting March 16.
Date: Saturday, May 16, 2015
Time: 10:00 a.m.
Location: D. Forbes Will Athletic Complex
Traditional undergraduate students in the Class of 2015 are required to attend the Commencement rehearsal. Those graduating from the Division of Continuing Education and Graduate Studies who plan to participate in the Commencement ceremony should also plan to attend the rehearsal. At rehearsal, students will receive instructions as to where they will be placed in the Commencement procession and honor cords. The Class of 2015's salutatorian and valedictorian will also be announced at rehearsal.
Arrival Time for Commencement
Graduating students are expected to arrive on campus no later than 8:30 a.m. on Sunday, May 17, 2015 for formations of the procession.
Traditional undergraduate students should gather at the Miller Gymnasium where they will receive instructions regarding the line formation. If a student experiences difficulty with his/her cap and/or gown (i.e. size, etc.), bookstore representatives will have a table in the Miller Field House and will be available in the bookstore.
Continuing Education and Graduate Students should gather in the Hafer Academic Building.
As a reminder, for your safety, dogs are not permitted at the ceremony.