Ed.D., Curriculum and Instruction in Higher Education, University of Sarasota
Patricia Mytkowicz holds an undergraduate degree in English and secondary education, a Master of Education in special education/learning disabilities and a doctorate in higher education and curriculum. She has extensive experience teaching adolescent through adult students in both traditional classroom and learning support settings.
At Curry College she has combined her expertise in English education and background in Learning Disabilities as a learning specialist in the Program for Advancement of Learning. From 2004-2013, Professor Mytkowicz served as Coordinator of PAL for Multilingual Students (PML), a specialized support program for ESOL college students with learning disabilities. During her Coordinatorship, she was awarded the 2011 Anne Dow Award (Massachusetts Association of Teachers of Speakers of Other Languages) for innovative contributions in higher education to enable non-native speakers to complete their postsecondary degrees.
Dr. Mytkowicz has received various awards for teaching and scholarship and has presented at numerous national and international conferences. In fall 2013, she was appointed Interim Director of PAL.
Her research interests include second language speakers with learning disabilities as well as computer-assisted language learning (CALL) for English language learners. Publications include:
- Mytkowicz, P. A.; Goss, D. & Steinberg, B. (2014). Assessing Metacognition as a Learning Outcome in a Strategic Learning Course. Journal of Postsecondary Education and Disability 27(1), 53-64.
- Mytkowicz, P. A. & Goss, D. (2012). Students' Perceptions of a Postsecondary LD/ADHD Support Program. Journal of Postsecondary Education and Disability 25(4), 345 - 361
- Mytkowicz, P.A. (2010). Multilingual college students with learning disabilities: Another perspective in educational therapy. In M. Ficksman & J.U. Adelizzi (Eds.) The Clinical Practice of Educational Therapy: A Teaching Model. Routledge/Taylor & Francis, US/UK.
- Mytkowicz, P.A. & Rooney, G. (2010). Multilingual College students with Learning Disabilities. In L. Fox, L. & L Ijiri, L. (Eds.) Changing Lives Through Metacognitive Relationships: LD/ADHD and College Success. Milton, MA: Curry College.
- (2004) "Digital Portfolios for Diverse Learners," Essential Teacher, 5 (1)
- View the complete Directory