B.S. University of Iowa
Ph.D. Texas Tech University
Dr. Eric Weiser is Professor and Chair of the Psychology Department. He received his B.S. degree from the University of Iowa and his Ph.D. from Texas Tech University and is a returned Peace Corps volunteer. He served on the faculty of Whitman College prior to joining the faculty at Curry College in 2001. Dr. Weiser has published a number of peer-reviewed journal articles and chapters in Psychology textbooks, and he has been called upon by local media to comment on matters regarding the psychological aspects of social media use. He is a member of the American Psychological Society, Eastern Psychological Association, Psi Chi, and Society for Personality and Social Psychology, Society for the Teaching of Psychology, and Western Psychological Association.
- Psychology and social media
- Attitudes, attitude change, and social influence
- Stress and health
- Psychophysiological disorders
- Psychiatric epidemiology
- Introduction to Psychology
- Social Psychology
- Abnormal Psychology
- Stress, Coping, and Adaptation
- Attitude Change and Social Influence
- Weiser, E. B. (2012). Associations between positive and negative affect and 12-month physical disorders in a national sample. Journal of Clinical Psychology in Medical Settings, 19, 197-210.
- Weiser, E. B. (2007). The prevalence of anxiety disorders among adults with asthma: A meta-analytic review. Journal of Clinical Psychology in Medical Settings, 14, 297- 307.
- Weiser, E. B. (2001). The functions of internet use and social and psychological consequences. Cyberpsychology and Behavior (now Cyberpsychology, Behavior, and Social Networking), 4, 723-743.
- View the complete Directory
Name: Eric Weiser
E-mail: Contact Me