Year that Curry's Plymouth Campus was established
# of Majors offered to Continuing Education students
# of CE class meetings per week - Evenings and Saturdays
transfer credits which can be applied toward a bachelor's degree
average age of the Curry Continuing Education student
Average # of students in a Continuing Education class
“The evening classes were good. The classes were with working professionals, so work and life experience came into play in the curriculum.”
Yusef Galloway '10
- You are here:
- Curry College - Home /
- Programs & Courses /
- Continuing Education Programs /
- Certificate Programs /
Accounting plays a critical role in business. It affects a company's direction and success and has an impact on all facets of the economy. Accounting, bookkeeping, and auditing clerks hold more than 2 million jobs in this country and are employed in every industry. Many job openings will occur each year in the accounting field, and the majority of new jobs will be created in small, rapidly growing organizations.
The Accounting Certificate is designed to help you develop expertise and technical skills to pursue a career in private or public accounting, or to further your education in graduate school. It is well-suited to those interested in developing accounting skills for a current management position or for those seeking to obtain accounting-related positions such as: general ledger accountants, payroll managers, cash managers, credit and collection managers, internal auditors and full-charge bookkeepers. The certificate also provides business professionals with the opportunity to enhance their already established careers in other fields.
* The Accounting Certificate program is offered at the Milton Campus only.
Who Should Pursue this Program?
The Curry College Accounting Certificate program is designed to meet the needs of:
- Individuals interested in pursuing a new career in accounting who need to gain a foundation in the accounting field
- Non-accounting professionals and entry level managers who want to understand modern accounting principles and practices, gain valuable skills and expand their knowledge base and professional opportunities
- Individuals with degrees other than accounting who need a greater understanding of accounting principles
- Business owners who want to strengthen their business practices
- Those seeking careers in tax preparation or management accounting
This program is open to anyone seeking a stand-alone certificate program, regardless of whether you already hold a bachelor's degree or not. For those who wish to return to school to complete a bachelor's degree on a part-time basis, consider completing this certificate to augment your professional skills, while you work on your degree requirements. The credits received in this certificate may be applied toward a degree. This certificate program, is not designed to prepare learners for the CPA or CMA exam.
What You Will Learn
- Technical and conceptual knowledge and skills required of accountants
- Preparation, analysis, and presentation of financial statements and reports, including income statement, balance sheet, statement of cash flow, and tax reports
- How to apply problem-solving skills and accounting principles in a business setting
- The ability to analyze, critique and incorporate various accounting and related principles, methods and techniques
- Understanding of the various types of ownership and the implications they have on financial reporting and analysis
|MGT 1720 Accounting I||3|
|MGT 1721 Accounting II||3|
|MGT 2720 Intermediate Accounting I||3|
|MGT 2721 Intermediate Accounting II||3|
|MGT 2725 Individual Federal Income Tax||3|
|MGT 3721 Cost Accounting||3|
Total credits required to complete the certificate program: 18
|MGT 3722 Auditing||3|
|MGT 2710 Computerized Accounting||3|
"I received a promotion from Assistant Accounting Specialist to Senior Accountant. I was considered for this position based on my job performance and for attending the Curry College Accounting Certificate program. The evening program at Curry gave me the opportunity to advance my position at General Dynamics and the knowledge I gained attending your Accounting classes gave me the confidence and ability to excel in my new position."
- Heather Kaunfer
Corporate Card/Employee Accounts
General Dynamics Information Technology