Year that Curry's Plymouth Campus was established
# of Majors offered to Continuing Education students
# of CE class meetings per week - Evenings and Saturdays
transfer credits which can be applied toward a bachelor's degree
average age of the Curry Continuing Education student
Average # of students in a Continuing Education class
“The courses that I took at Curry provided me with the business background that I needed to improve my value to my employer.”
John Durkin '08
- You are here:
- Curry College - Home /
- Programs & Courses /
- Continuing Education Programs /
- Professional Development /
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP)
Certified Payroll Professional (CPP)
Advance your payroll career while ensuring your organization's payroll compliance.
As a payroll professional, you know how important it is to maintain your company's compliance by keeping up with the constantly changing regulations and procedures. Staying current is as important to your company's bottom line as it is to your career.
What is PayTrain College & University?
In cooperation with the American Payroll Association, Curry College presents the PayTrain College & University program for payroll professionals. Comprised of two professional development courses, PayTrain Fundamentals® and PayTrain Mastery®, this program is designed for all levels of payroll administration.
The PayTrain College & University program is designed to increase your knowledge of payroll compliance from a basic understanding to an advanced level, and prepare you for the Fundamental Payroll Certification (FPC) and Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) certification exams.
Why enroll in a PayTrain College & University course?
You will gain:
- A foundation of knowledge for starting or advancing your payroll career
- Improved job performance by increasing accuracy and compliance
- Reducing your company's exposure to penalties
- Access to a network of peers to learn about payroll practices in other organizations
- Solid grounding in compliance issues related to tax and regulatory information
- Preparation for the FPC and CPP exams
- Recertification Credit Hours (RCHs) or Continuing Education Units (CEUs) to maintain FPC or CPP credentials if you are already a FPC or CPP
PayTrain Fundamentals teaches the fundamental payroll calculations and applications necessary for individuals who are new to the payroll industry, those who support the payroll industry, and those who are preparing for the FPC or CPP certification examinations. This part of the program will provide you with the basic knowledge and skills required to maintain payroll compliance and prevent costly penalties. For those preparing to take the CPP examination, taking PayTrain Fundamentals prior to taking PayTrain Mastery is strongly recommended as the topics covered in Paytrain Fundamentals are not covered in Paytrain Mastery. Get detailed course and schedule information.
PayTrain Mastery is a continuation of PayTrain Fundamentals and provides students with an in-depth understanding of the advanced payroll topics necessary for payroll managers and supervisors. This part of the program is ideal for experienced payroll professionals seeking compliance training or professional development. Get detailed course and schedule information.
Enroll in Curry College's PayTrain Fundamentals and PayTrain Mastery courses today!
How to register:
- Download a registration form (PDF)
- By mail: Complete the registration form (above) and mail it with check, purchase order, or credit card information to: Curry College, Continuing Education and Graduate Studies, 1071 Blue Hill Avenue, Milton, MA 02186
- By fax: Complete the registration form and fax it with your payment information to 617-979-3535
- By phone: Call 888-260-7325 and please have credit card information handy.
Full refunds will be issued if the student withdraws from the course before it begins. Non-attendance does not constitute official withdrawal. Students must call 888-260-7325 to withdraw prior to the first class. Students are not eligible for a refund once the course has started.
There are no admission requirements to take this program, however certain criteria must be met for participants taking the FPC or CPP exam. More information on fees and other certification details.
For More Information:
Call 888-260-7325 or e-mail email@example.com
Curry College's PayTrain instructor, Rosemarie Fraumeni, CPP, was chosen by the American Payroll Association as the 2010 Payroll Woman of the Year. The award was presented at APA's Annual Congress in Washington D.C. on May 26, 2010. Rosemarie teaches the PayTrain Fundamentals and Mastery courses at Curry's Milton campus. Read more about Rosemarie Fraumeni, CPP, and the award.