Year that Curry's Plymouth Campus was established
# of Majors offered to Continuing Education students
# of CE class meetings per week - Evenings and Saturdays
transfer credits which can be applied toward a bachelor's degree
average age of the Curry Continuing Education student
Average # of students in a Continuing Education class
“The evening classes were good. The classes were with working professionals, so work and life experience came into play in the curriculum.”
Yusef Galloway '10
- You are here:
- Curry College - Home /
- Programs & Courses /
- Continuing Education Programs /
- Professional Development /
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) /
- PayTrain Fundamentals
Who Should Enroll in PayTrain Fundamentals?
- Entry-level employees in the payroll department
- Practitioners, consultants, and service providers new to the payroll industry
- Individuals working in payroll who need formal training
- Fundamental Payroll Certification (FPC) exam candidates
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) exam candidates
- FPCs or CPPs needing recertification credit hours (RCHs)
- Location: Held at the Milton campus, 1071 Blue Hill Avenue
- Dates: Saturdays: October 4, 18, November 1, 15, 22
- Time: 9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
- Course #: XPAY 1000
- Fee: $795
The PayTrain Fundamentals course teaches the fundamental payroll calculations and applications providing students with the basic knowledge and skills required to maintain payroll compliance and prevent costly penalties. This course is ideal for new payroll professionals, those who support the payroll industry, and those who are preparing for FPC certification. For those taking the CPP examination it is strongly recommended that you take the PayTrain Fundamentals course and the PayTrain Mastery course. Learning the fundamental calculations and applications is critical to successfully passing the CPP exam and is not covered in PayTrain Mastery. Mastery and Fundamentals can be taken in any order.
Topics include the introductory study of:
- Payroll concepts
- Paycheck calculations
- Fringe benefits
- Payroll reporting and employment taxes
- Record keeping and payroll practices
- Payroll accounting
This course is designed for 25 contact hours, earning participants 2.5 CEUs or 25 RCHs.
How to ReGister
- Download a registration form (PDF)
- By mail: Complete the registration form (above) and mail it with check, purchase order, or credit card information to: Curry College, Continuing Education and Graduate Studies, 1071 Blue Hill Avenue, Milton, MA 02186
- By fax: Complete the registration form and fax it with your payment information to 617-979-3535
- By phone: Call 888-260-7325 and please have credit card information handy.