Year that Curry's Plymouth Campus was established
# of Majors offered to Continuing Education students
# of CE class meetings per week - Evenings and Saturdays
transfer credits which can be applied toward a bachelor's degree
average age of the Curry Continuing Education student
Average # of students in a Continuing Education class
“My primary reason for choosing Curry was convenience. Speaking practically, returning to school needed to be ‘doable’ for me. Curry offers a wide variety of courses at times that are suitable to working parents and that worked for me.”
Debra Casallas '08
- You are here:
- Curry College - Home /
- Programs & Courses /
- Continuing Education Programs /
- Professional Development /
- SHRM Learning System® for SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP /
- SHRM Learning System Course Information
SHRM Learning System Course Information
Two sections of the SHRM Learning System for SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP certification are offered at the Milton Campus. Choose the one that is most convenient for you.
Milton Section 1: Dates: Wednesdays; February 18 - April 29 (6:00 to 9:00 p.m.)
Milton Section 2: Dates: Saturdays; February 21, March 7, 21, April 11, 25 and May 9 (9:00 am - 5:00 pm)
Course #: XHRM 3000
The course tuition includes all course materials but does not cover registration for the SHRM examinations.
Who Should Enroll in This Course?
Our certification preparation course is designed primarily for individuals seeking SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP certification.
Certification is a great choice for HR professionals who want to:
- Increase their knowledge
- Advance their skills
- Earn recognition from the global community
- Applicants must show that they have worked in an HR role for more than 1,000 hours within a calendar year, which equates to 1 year of experience.
- HR experience may be in an HR exempt or nonexempt capacity.
- Applicants with a graduate degree (or global equivalency) in HR must currently be employed in an HR role.
- HR experience may be classified directly, as working in an HR role, or indirectly, by consulting, educating or researching HR practices linked specifically to human resource management.
- SHRM membership is not required.
Advancing your career. For those not seeking certification, the SHRM Learning System for SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP course provides a comprehensive and accelerated option for professional development. Participants gain a generalist viewpoint, refresh key ideas and concepts, strengthen their understanding of core HR competencies and increase productivity.
SHRM's new certification path is simple and clear. As a result of your proven knowledge and skills, you are already eligible to earn the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP.
Simple process. No Cost.
If you have earned an existing certification (PHR®, SPHR®, GPHR®, HRBP®, HRMP®*) and are in good standing or you become certified by January 31st, 2015, you will be eligible for SHRM's new certification-at no cost-by completing the following three simple steps between January 5 and December 31, 2015:
- Document that your current certification is in good standing.
- Sign the Code of Ethics.
- Complete a brief online tutorial on HR competencies.
Once you complete this process, you will earn the new SHRM credential and begin a three-year recertification cycle**.
*PHR, SPHR, GPHR, HRBP, HRMP are registered trademarks of the HR Certification Institute and are not SHRM certifications.
** You will not lose or have to give up any of your current credentials in order to obtain the new SHRM certification.
For more information or to help answer further questions, please review FAQs about the SHRM Learning System.
The SHRM Learning System for SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP includes five modules covering the comprehensive SHRM BoCK so you'll learn everything you need for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP exam.
- HR Competencies
- Leadership & Navigation
- Ethical Practice
- Business Acumen
- Relationship Management
- Critical Evaluation
- Global & Cultural Effectiveness
- Talent Acquisition & Retention
- Employee Engagement
- Learning & Development
- Total Rewards
- Structure of the HR Function
- Organizational Effectiveness & Development
- Workforce Management
- Employee Relations
- Technology & Data
- HR in the Global Context
- Diversity & Inclusion
- Risk Management
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Employment Law & Regulations (U.S. only)
- Business & HR Strategy