- Dr. Karen Lischinsky's Work with MA Restorative Justice Collaborative Continues to Garner National Attention
- Curry College Awarded Nursing Grant through Massachusetts Department of Higher Education
- Local Radio Host Robert Hakala, Jr. '96 Graces Cover of 'Cape & Plymouth Business' Magazine
- More News >
- New Student Orientation 2015: Transfer Students
- Art Exhibit: 'Absence & Presence - A Printmaking Response to the Bombing of Al-Mutanabbi Street'
August 28 - October 23
- Homecoming and Family Weekend 2015
September 25 - September 27
- More Events >
- You are here:
- Curry College - Home /
- Programs & Courses /
- Graduate Programs /
- Business Administration
Refine your capacity for visionary organizational leadership and effective business management through The Curry College MBA. As you focus on creating excellence in the business environment, you'll explore best practices that embrace corporate, social and ethical responsibility.
Team-Based Learning and Benefits
Benefit from our team-based learning model that emulates typical workplace scenarios. You'll join a cohort of like-minded working professionals who bring business and management experience into the classroom environment. You and your peers interact with each other and with outstanding Curry faculty in a learning community that remains together for the entire 24 months of our part-time program. You'll gain and offer mutual support as you develop a valuable network of diverse professional colleagues.
Built for Performance and Results
Sharpen your strengths in strategic planning, decision-making, problem solving and reflective thinking. Your face-to-face classroom sessions are enhanced with online instruction accessed through the Blackboard e-learning system. Over six semesters, you'll take one course at a time, one evening a week in eight-week sessions, including a final Capstone consulting project with a regional partner firm. The Curry College MBA helps to make you more competitive.
Focus on Core Themes
Within the unique cohort-based learning community of The Curry College MBA, you'll explore the four core themes that serve as building blocks for our ethical model of business excellence.
- Leadership and Ethics - Develop the essential skills for effective leadership in a global economy within a framework of social responsibility
- Strategic Planning - Learn to think strategically in a global environment and
- Recognize opportunity
- Establish a plan and set priorities
- Determine key stakeholders
- Manage complex situations effectively
- Develop cultural awareness and intelligence
- Decision-Making Tools - Enhance your analytical thinking skills and reasoning as you consider the range of available decision-making tools in the context of e-commerce, customer service and global business issues
- Problem Solving - Understand basic tenets of business and refine your capacity for effective problem solving through case studies and real-world situations presented by global managers of successful area businesses
Capstone Experience: REAL-WORLD Consulting
The Curry College MBA culminates in a Capstone course where you and your cohort team collaborate with a faculty mentor and serve as consultants on an actual multilayered project for an area business. You'll demonstrate your mastery of the four core program themes, integrate your knowledge across business functions and put your analytical skills to work in a compelling situational evaluation. Curry MBA Capstone consultant clients have included: Reebok International Ltd, Simpson Spring, GreenPages Technology Solutions, JP Fuji group, Ecco USA, Stinger Ghaffarian Technologies, The South Shore Chamber of Commerce, Polartec, Mayflower Brewing Company, EMD Millipore, ClimateCounts and the 100-year-old Weymouth Bank.
Curry MBA Alumni at Work
Find Curry MBA alumni at all types of businesses and organizations such as Dunkin' Brands, 3M, State Street Bank, Ocean Spray, Reebok, Putnam Securities, Philip Morris USA, Greg Norman/MacGregor Golf, Wainwright Bank and Trust Company, Huntstock digital images and Atmel Corporation.
Attend Curry MBA classes at either of our full-service campuses in Milton or Plymouth.
Step Into Your Future
Director of Graduate Enrollment and Student Services
The MBA Capstone is an applied research project where students, working as a team of consultants, partner with a business to solve specific challenges facing the organization. Past business partners include Cisco Brewers, as shown in this video, and Reebok International Ltd.
Professor Steve Gunning speaks about what makes the Curry MBA "distinctly unique." Read more...
Curry MBA students team up for Reebok business consulting. Read more...
"I was ready to learn more about business and be more prepared in the world I was working in," explains Lynne Santangelo '14. "I really wanted to have a say, and I wanted people to respect me and my analytical skills. Curry has given me a foundation that has really helped me be a confident person and leader."
"When I thought about getting my MBA, it was really about how I could expand what I know and how I interact with my business," recalls Dawn Erickson '14. "How can I tell our employees that they should always be learning and developing if I'm not doing that myself?"
"Having completed the program I feel more confident in my abilities. I'm more knowledgeable and the capacity of what I can take on has been greatly expanded. With this program under my belt, I can do more. I have a better understanding of how the business world works." Read more...
Ebony Joseph '11 talks about how the Curry MBA Program helped her develop leadership skills, network with other professionals and build friendships.
Dr. Shavindrie ("Shavi") Cooray examines the relationships between humans and technology with her students by embracing technology and by looking at the bigger picture - something she has done extensively in her Ph.D. research and as a former analyst in the corporate world.