“As I went through the MBA program I found what I learned to be very useful to me in my current position. ”
Robert Ciccolo '13
Major: MBA, M.A. in Criminal Justice Program, Criminal Justice
- Dr. Karen Lischinsky Featured in 'New York Times' Article on Restorative Justice
- Communication Students Receive College Emmy Nomination for RED Camera Film
- Curry College Receives $288,000 DESE Grant to Address Principal Shortage in Massachusetts
- More News >
- New Student Orientation 2014: Transfer Students
- New Student Academic Convocation 2014
- Homecoming and Family Weekend 2014
September 19 - September 21
- More Events >
- You are here:
- Curry College - Home /
- Programs & Courses /
- Graduate Programs /
- Business Administration
Refine your capacity for visionary organizational leadership and effective business management through The Curry College MBA. As you focus on creating excellence in the business environment, you'll explore best practices that embrace corporate, social and ethical responsibility.
Team-Based Learning and Benefits
Benefit from our team-based learning model that emulates typical workplace scenarios. You'll join a cohort of like-minded working professionals who bring business and management experience into the classroom environment. You and your peers interact with each other and with outstanding Curry faculty in a learning community that remains together for the entire 24 months of our part-time program. You'll gain and offer mutual support as you develop a valuable network of diverse professional colleagues.
Built for Performance and Results
Sharpen your strengths in strategic planning, decision-making, problem solving and reflective thinking. Your face-to-face classroom sessions are enhanced with online instruction accessed through the Blackboard e-learning system. Over six semesters, you'll take one course at a time, one evening a week in eight-week sessions, including a final Capstone consulting project with a regional partner firm. The Curry College MBA helps to make you more competitive.
Focus on Core Themes
Within the unique cohort-based learning community of The Curry College MBA, you'll explore the four core themes that serve as building blocks for our ethical model of business excellence.
- Leadership and Ethics - Develop the essential skills for effective leadership in a global economy within a framework of social responsibility
- Strategic Planning - Learn to think strategically in a global environment and
- Recognize opportunity
- Establish a plan and set priorities
- Determine key stakeholders
- Manage complex situations effectively
- Develop cultural awareness and intelligence
- Decision-Making Tools - Enhance your analytical thinking skills and reasoning as you consider the range of available decision-making tools in the context of e-commerce, customer service and global business issues
- Problem Solving - Understand basic tenets of business and refine your capacity for effective problem solving through case studies and real-world situations presented by global managers of successful area businesses
Capstone Experience: Global and Domestic Consulting
The Curry College MBA culminates in a Capstone course where you and your cohort team collaborate with a faculty mentor and serve as consultants on an actual multilayered project for an area business. You'll demonstrate your mastery of the four core program themes, integrate your knowledge across business functions and put your analytical skills to work in a compelling situational evaluation. Curry MBA Capstone consultant clients have included: ECCO Shoes, SGT Global technology outsourcing, The South Shore Chamber of Commerce, Polartec, Mayflower Brewing Company, EMD Millipore, Climate Counts and the 100-year-old Weymouth Bank.
Through the global impact program opportunity, you may travel overseas to tour business operations and experience relevant lectures and cultural events. International trips have included China, India, Berlin and Prague.
Curry MBA Alumni at Work
Find Curry MBA alumni at all types of businesses and organizations such as Dunkin' Brands, 3M, State Street Bank, Ocean Spray, Reebok, Putnam Securities, Philip Morris USA, Greg Norman/MacGregor Golf, Wainwright Bank and Trust Company, Huntstock digital images and Atmel Corporation.
Attend Curry MBA classes at either of our full-service campuses in Milton or Plymouth.
Step Into Your Future
Director of Graduate Enrollment and Student Services
Ebony Joseph '11 talks about how the Curry MBA Program helped her develop leadership skills, network with other professionals and build friendships.
Dr. Shavindrie ("Shavi") Cooray examines the relationships between humans and technology with her students by embracing technology and by looking at the bigger picture - something she has done extensively in her Ph.D. research and as a former analyst in the corporate world.