- Communication Major Elaina Druid '16 Awarded "Emerging Leader Scholarship" by Public Relations Society of America
- Hall of Fame Sportswriter Bob Ryan Featured at Littlefield Lecture Series Event
- Curry College Featured on Fox 25 “College Tour”
- More News >
- Free Workshop for Guidance Counselors and Educational Consultants: Helping Students with Learning Disabilities Navigate the College Search
- 'Layers': MGNE National Juried Student Exhibition of Monotypes & Monoprints
February 1 - March 14
- Accepted Student Day 2015
- More Events >
- You are here:
- Curry College - Home /
- Programs & Courses /
- Graduate Programs /
- Business Administration /
- Apply - MBA /
Prerequisite courses are an important foundation of the MBA curriculum. Because this unique degree accepts students with diverse disciplinary backgrounds, the prerequisite courses ensure a common ‘language' of business. Some students may have achieved a minimum level of background knowledge in some areas of business through their professional achievements. However, all students must have completed coursework in seminal disciplines. Those are economics, accounting, and statistics.
Therefore, students must complete the following courses in preparation for their graduate program:
- Principles of Economics - Micro or Principles of Economics - Macro
- Accounting I and II or Financial Accounting
Curry College's Division of Continuing Education schedules these courses on a regular basis. Please speak with the Director of Graduate Enrollment or with an Academic Advisor to be sure that courses you plan to take will fulfill the prerequisite requirements.
Curry MBA students team up for Reebok business consulting. Read more...
"When I thought about getting my MBA, it was really about how I could expand what I know and how I interact with my business," recalls Dawn Erickson '14. "How can I tell our employees that they should always be learning and developing if I'm not doing that myself?"
"Having completed the program I feel more confident in my abilities. I'm more knowledgeable and the capacity of what I can take on has been greatly expanded. With this program under my belt, I can do more. I have a better understanding of how the business world works." Read more...
Ebony Joseph '11 talks about how the Curry MBA Program helped her develop leadership skills, network with other professionals and build friendships.
Dr. Shavindrie ("Shavi") Cooray examines the relationships between humans and technology with her students by embracing technology and by looking at the bigger picture - something she has done extensively in her Ph.D. research and as a former analyst in the corporate world.