- Curry College Celebrates Commencement 2013
- Awards Recognition Ceremony Celebrates the Best of Curry 2012-2013
- Curry College Equestrian Places 5th at National Championship Competition
- More News >
- New Student Orientation 2013: First-Year Students
June 6 - June 20
- New Student Orientation 2013: Transfer Students
July 18 - August 1
- More Events >
- You are here:
- Curry College - Home /
- Programs & Courses /
- Graduate Programs /
- Business Administration /
- Learning Outcomes
The MBA Program
- Leadership and Ethics
The qualities of strong leadership in our constantly changing world are far more complex than they were just a decade ago. The Curry College MBA Program is built on a definition of leadership that encompasses more than the basic textbook philosophies of leadership that and management. This theme teaches the fundamentals and requisite skill sets of effective leadership in a global environment and does so within an over-arching framework of social responsibility.
- Strategic Planning
Visionary leaders see the big picture, the end-results, well before they implement a business plan. They know how to communicate and structure their ideas into logical steps that utilize their resources, respect social and cultural boundaries, and establish best practices with colleagues, customers, and suppliers. The goal of this themes is to teach students how to think strategically in a global environment - how to recognize opportunity, how to establish what needs to be done, how to determine who needs to be involved, how to manage effectively, and how to honor cultural differences.
- Decision Making Tools
Although technology has opened up world-wide business possibilities, the fact that it is constantly changing often forces global managers to make decisions based on uncertainty. Therefore, to reduce the risk of failure, it is essential, particularly in a global marketplace, to have a well-rounded understanding and knowledge of all elements involved. This theme examines decision-making tools in the context of e-commerce, customer service, and global business issues in an effort to empower analytical thinking and reasoning skills.
- Problem Solving
Effective global managers are problem sharp-shooters. Problem solving skills result from a firm understanding of the basic tenets of global business practices and are further refined through exposure to actual problem solving strategies. This theme relies on a mix of case studies as well as on real-life problems presented by global managers of successful area businesses.
- Critical Thinking: Demonstrated ability to recognize & gather data, analyze information and synthesize for creative endeavors and problem solving.
- Communications: Demonstrates ability to share ideas and findings clearly in written and oral expression
- Teamwork: Demonstrates advancement in the ability to work with others effectively as a team member and as a team leader.
- Self-Management: Demonstrates ability to self-evaluate, modify behavior and meet or exceed obligations.
- Professionalism: Demonstrates ability to create and sustain a positive impression, confidence and advance in a career.
Check out the photo gallery from the Curry College Spring 2013 Master of Business Administration (MBA) graduation ceremony
Ebony Joseph '11 talks about how the Curry MBA Program helped her develop leadership skills, network with other professionals and build friendships.