- American Educational Research Association Honors Dr. Anne Benoit
- CC8's Coverage of Boston Marathon Bombings Recognized by National Broadcasting Society
- Curry College Partners with Big Brothers Big Sisters
- More News >
- Accepted Student Day 2014
- Commencement 2014
- New Student Orientation 2014: First-Year Students
June 9 - June 22
- More Events >
- You are here:
- Curry College - Home /
- Programs & Courses /
- Graduate Programs /
- Business Administration /
- Tuition & Financial Aid /
- Dollar$ and $ense: What You Need To Know About Money Management
Dollar$ and $ense: What You Need To Know About Money Management
Welcome to Curry College's Financial Literacy homepage. We are offering this information to you to help you become an educated consumer about topics such as budgeting, credit management, debt management including your student loans, repayment information and financial planning. Our goal is for you to become familiar with these topics so you can make sound decisions regarding your finances while enrolled at Curry and as well as after graduation.
Attending college can be an exciting time in a student's life. For many, it is the first time living away from home and being solely responsible for managing certain aspects of one's non-academic life like money management. While concentrating on academics is a student's primary focus, understanding concepts of finance is also an important part of a student's education. All too often students graduate from college with little or no understanding on how to manage their finances just at a time when new expenses such as rent, student loan and credit card payments are becoming a reality.
We hope you find the information and additional resources offered to be helpful.
SAVING AND INVESTING
- Checking and Savings Accounts
- Investment and Retirement Accounts
UNDERSTANDING MY CREDIT
- What is a Credit Score?
- Credit Report and Credit Rating
- Repairing My Credit
- Installment and Revolving Credit
- Debit and Credit Cards
PAYING FOR COLLEGE
- Student Loans
- Payment Plans
- Responsible Borrowing
- Paying Back My Student Loans
- Options for My Loan Repayment
- Tracking My Debt
- How to Reduce Your Risk of Identity Theft
- What to Do if Your Identity Is Stolen
MANAGE MY MONEY
- What is a Budget?
- My Spending Habits
- Saving for My Future
Check out the photo gallery from the Curry College Spring 2013 Master of Business Administration (MBA) graduation ceremony
Ebony Joseph '11 talks about how the Curry MBA Program helped her develop leadership skills, network with other professionals and build friendships.
Dr. Shavindrie ("Shavi") Cooray examines the relationships between humans and technology with her students by embracing technology and by looking at the bigger picture - something she has done extensively in her Ph.D. research and as a former analyst in the corporate world.