- Curry College Featured on Fox 25 “College Tour”
- A Field of Dreams: Curry TV Student Spends Summer with NESN Red Sox Baseball Coverage
- John Fish Makes Case for Boston Olympics at Curry College Forum
- More News >
- Fox 25 to Broadcast 'College Tour' Live from Curry College
- Fall 2014 Open House
October 26 - November 2
- New York City Reception for Alumni, Parents and Friends
- More Events >
- You are here:
- Curry College - Home /
- Programs & Courses /
- Graduate Programs /
- Business Administration /
- Tuition & Financial Aid /
- Dollar$ and $ense: What You Need To Know About Money Management
Dollar$ and $ense: What You Need To Know About Money Management
Welcome to Curry College's Financial Literacy homepage. We are offering this information to you to help you become an educated consumer about topics such as budgeting, credit management, debt management including your student loans, repayment information and financial planning. Our goal is for you to become familiar with these topics so you can make sound decisions regarding your finances while enrolled at Curry and as well as after graduation.
Attending college can be an exciting time in a student's life. For many, it is the first time living away from home and being solely responsible for managing certain aspects of one's non-academic life like money management. While concentrating on academics is a student's primary focus, understanding concepts of finance is also an important part of a student's education. All too often students graduate from college with little or no understanding on how to manage their finances just at a time when new expenses such as rent, student loan and credit card payments are becoming a reality.
We hope you find the information and additional resources offered to be helpful.
SAVING AND INVESTING
- Checking and Savings Accounts
- Investment and Retirement Accounts
UNDERSTANDING MY CREDIT
- What is a Credit Score?
- Credit Report and Credit Rating
- Repairing My Credit
- Installment and Revolving Credit
- Debit and Credit Cards
PAYING FOR COLLEGE
- Student Loans
- Payment Plans
- Responsible Borrowing
- Paying Back My Student Loans
- Options for My Loan Repayment
- Tracking My Debt
- How to Reduce Your Risk of Identity Theft
- What to Do if Your Identity Is Stolen
MANAGE MY MONEY
- What is a Budget?
- My Spending Habits
- Saving for My Future
Curry MBA students team up for Reebok business consulting. Read more...
"When I thought about getting my MBA, it was really about how I could expand what I know and how I interact with my business," recalls Dawn Erickson '14. "How can I tell our employees that they should always be learning and developing if I'm not doing that myself?"
"Having completed the program I feel more confident in my abilities. I'm more knowledgeable and the capacity of what I can take on has been greatly expanded. With this program under my belt, I can do more. I have a better understanding of how the business world works." Read more...
Ebony Joseph '11 talks about how the Curry MBA Program helped her develop leadership skills, network with other professionals and build friendships.
Dr. Shavindrie ("Shavi") Cooray examines the relationships between humans and technology with her students by embracing technology and by looking at the bigger picture - something she has done extensively in her Ph.D. research and as a former analyst in the corporate world.