“I can't say enough about the Education program. I was so close with all of my professors...I was always emailing and meeting with them. And the small class sizes are great - it was so personal. I loved it!”
Monica Distefano '14
6th Grade Math Teacher
Major: Elementary Education
- Psychology Professor Dr. Eric Weiser Studies the Relationship of "Selfies" and Narcissism in Latest Publication
- Dr. Susan LaRocco (Nursing) Targets the "Invisible" Symptoms of Parkinson's Disease in Latest Publication
- Dr. Ann Leonard-Zabel Awarded Diplomat Credential from the American Board for Certification in Homeland Security
- More News >
- Welcome Home Week 2015 - For New and Returning Students
August 28 - September 7
- New Student Academic Convocation
- Art Exhibit: 'Absence & Presence - A Printmaking Response to the Bombing of Al-Mutanabbi Street'
September 10 - October 23
- More Events >
- You are here:
- Curry College - Home /
- Programs & Courses /
- Graduate Programs /
- Criminal Justice /
- Curry's Criminal Justice Department Hosts Two-Day Training
Curry's Criminal Justice Department Hosts Two-Day Training
Captain Jody Kasper conducted a two-day training on Curry's Milton campus entitled, "How Cops Die - Understanding and Preventing Duty Related Deaths" on August 21 and 22, 2014. Attended by area police officers, the course addressed strategies to reduce duty-related injuries and deaths for police personnel at all levels.
Instructor Captain Jody Kasper is an Operations Division Commander with the Northampton Police Department in Massachusetts and an adjunct professor at Elms College. She has a master's degree in criminal justice and a master's degree in public administration. She has authored several books including "Progressive Police Supervision: A Simple and Effective Approach for Managing a Police Agency", "Improving Motivation and Morale: A Police Leader's Guide" and "How Cops Die: Understanding and Preventing Duty-related Deaths". She has also authored articles for Law and Order Magazine, The Police Chief, and Police.
Hosted by Curry's Criminal Justice Department, the event was sponsored by the Massachusetts Latino Police Officers.