# of federal agencies which use data mining technology (2007)
# of different data mining programs in use in the U.S. (2007)
total (in billions) Americans lost to identity theft in 06-07
Million Americans victimized by identity theft (2006-2007)
“My Curry College degree has enhanced my career. I believe I am able to better communicate with citizens, co-workers, and supervisors.”
Brenda Marrero '04
Brockton Police Department
Major: M.A. in Criminal Justice Program
- Communication Students Experience Hollywood, Up Close
- Trustee Joyce A. Murphy Honored by Greater Boston Chamber of Commerce, Massachusetts Health Council, and Boston Globe Magazine
- Communication Major Elaina Druid '16 Awarded "Emerging Leader Scholarship" by Public Relations Society of America
- More News >
- Free Concert: 'Heartbeat' - Israeli and Palestinian Youth Musicians
- 'Layers': MGNE National Juried Student Exhibition of Monotypes & Monoprints
March 6 - March 14
- Accepted Student Day 2015
- More Events >
- You are here:
- Curry College - Home /
- Programs & Courses /
- Graduate Programs /
- Criminal Justice /
- Tuition & Financial Aid /
- Dollar$ and $ense: What You Need To Know About Money Management
Dollar$ and $ense: What You Need To Know About Money Management
Welcome to Curry College's Financial Literacy homepage. We are offering this information to you to help you become an educated consumer about topics such as budgeting, credit management, debt management including your student loans, repayment information and financial planning. Our goal is for you to become familiar with these topics so you can make sound decisions regarding your finances while enrolled at Curry and as well as after graduation.
Attending college can be an exciting time in a student's life. For many, it is the first time living away from home and being solely responsible for managing certain aspects of one's non-academic life like money management. While concentrating on academics is a student's primary focus, understanding concepts of finance is also an important part of a student's education. All too often students graduate from college with little or no understanding on how to manage their finances just at a time when new expenses such as rent, student loan and credit card payments are becoming a reality.
We hope you find the information and additional resources offered to be helpful.
SAVING AND INVESTING
- Checking and Savings Accounts
- Investment and Retirement Accounts
UNDERSTANDING MY CREDIT
- What is a Credit Score?
- Credit Report and Credit Rating
- Repairing My Credit
- Installment and Revolving Credit
- Debit and Credit Cards
PAYING FOR COLLEGE
- Student Loans
- Payment Plans
- Responsible Borrowing
- Paying Back My Student Loans
- Options for My Loan Repayment
- Tracking My Debt
- How to Reduce Your Risk of Identity Theft
- What to Do if Your Identity Is Stolen
MANAGE MY MONEY
- What is a Budget?
- My Spending Habits
- Saving for My Future
The Massachusetts Association of Criminal Justice Education (MACJE) has recognized the Curry College Master of Arts Program (MACJ) with an award for "Innovation in Criminal Justice." Read more.
Captain Jody Kasper conducted a two-day training on Curry's Milton campus entitled "How Cops Die - Understanding and Preventing Duty-Related Deaths" in August 2014. Read more...
Dawn Porter, a lawyer turned filmmaker, visited Curry College to screen her film Gideon's Army and lead a discussion for "The Social Justice Series," in April 2014. Read more.
Damien Echols spoke before a standing room only crowd of hundreds of students, faculty, and community members in the Keith Auditorium on Curry College's Milton Campus.
"Pursuing and earning a master's degree gives you an advantage in terms of the growth of your career and in terms of having more knowledge to draw upon," says John Fratolillo '09. "For me, it was about applying that knowledge to my everyday work life."
Carrie Hormanski chose Curry College for her bachelor's degree in criminal justice, and decided to continue her education with Curry's Master of Arts in Criminal Justice degree program. Read more