“The first time I called Curry, I spoke with an enrollment representative and she answered all of my questions. Looking into a master’s program can be overwhelming but she truly simplified things.”
Derek Thompson '06
Vice Principal, Plymouth North High School
Major: Master of Education
- Communication Major Elaina Druid '16 Awarded "Emerging Leader Scholarship" by Public Relations Society of America
- Hall of Fame Sportswriter Bob Ryan Featured at Littlefield Lecture Series Event
- Curry College Featured on Fox 25 “College Tour”
- More News >
- Free Workshop for Guidance Counselors and Educational Consultants: Helping Students with Learning Disabilities Navigate the College Search
- Accepted Student Day 2015
- Commencement 2015
- More Events >
Are you considering a new career where you influence the educational aspirations and intellectual development of today's youths?
Are you working as a paraprofessional in an educational setting and ready to advance your career by becoming a licensed teacher?
Then, this is the right time for you to learn more about Curry's Master of Education (M.Ed.) program where you can gain the essential teaching skills and experience to inspire young learners and become an effective teacher in America's elementary and special education classrooms.
Video - The Advantages of THE M.Ed. cohort model
Choose Your Focus
When you select either the program in elementary education-grades 1-6 or the program in special education-moderate disabilities, grades PreK-8 at Curry College, you'll explore how good teaching practice builds on the latest educational theory and research.
In each concentration, you'll create success as you immerse yourself in our five program components, including core courses in educational foundations, concentration courses in elementary education or special education, fieldwork involving observation and practice in supervised classrooms, a program portfolio that captures your reflections, and the capstone seminar to synthesize what you've learned.
You'll also be able to:
- Complete your course work in just five semesters (21 months)
- Know your schedule in advance so you can plan around your other responsibilities
- Attend classes one evening each week and one Saturday per month
- Interact with and receive support from Curry's outstanding academic advisors and professional education faculty
- Experience the value of cohort learning - modeling current team-based educational practice - where you and your peers learn together throughout the program to gain and offer support as you create a network of important professional contacts
- Study with people like yourself who share your passion for teaching and who come from diverse backgrounds and all walks of life - experienced educators, counselors, education paraprofessionals, teachers' aides, instructional assistants, career changers and other professionals
- Enjoy the Curry College hallmark of respect for your unique learning style, as experienced through small class sizes, individualized attention and our friendly campus environment
- Select either of our two full-service campus locations in Milton and Plymouth
Serve the Community
When you complete your degree, you'll join our Curry College M.Ed. alumni who provide invaluable service to their communities as elementary education and special education classroom teachers.
Step into Your Future
Why wait? Take the next step and request information. Make an appointment to speak with an advisor. Attend an information session or apply today for admission to the Master of Education program at Curry College.
Jeannine Hatch, M.Ed. '06 shares her experience going back to school to change her career from Accountant to Elementary School teacher.