“I live on the South Shore and had heard positive things about Curry College. The fact that Curry has smaller classes and that the student population in the program tends to be older were the selling points for me.”
John McCarthy '09
Major: Master of Education
- Welcome New Faculty!
- Class of 2018 Welcomed at New Student Academic Convocation
- Theatre Professor Gail Phaneuf Takes Her Musical "The Love Note" Off-Broadway
- More News >
- Homecoming and Family Weekend 2014
September 19 - September 21
- The Keighton Fund of Curry College Presents, 'The Song Cycle: Beethoven and Schumann'
- Millennial Workplace Expert Lindsey Pollak to Headline 5th Annual Curry College Senior Conference
- More Events >
Are you considering a new career where you influence the educational aspirations and intellectual development of today's youths?
Are you working as a paraprofessional in an educational setting and ready to advance your career by becoming a licensed teacher?
Then, this is the right time for you to learn more about Curry's Master of Education (M.Ed.) program where you can gain the essential teaching skills and experience to inspire young learners and become an effective teacher in America's elementary and special education classrooms.
Video - The Advantages of THE M.Ed. cohort model
Choose Your Focus
When you select either the program in elementary education-grades 1-6 or the program in special education-moderate disabilities, grades PreK-8 at Curry College, you'll explore how good teaching practice builds on the latest educational theory and research.
In each concentration, you'll create success as you immerse yourself in our five program components, including core courses in educational foundations, concentration courses in elementary education or special education, fieldwork involving observation and practice in supervised classrooms, a program portfolio that captures your reflections, and the capstone seminar to synthesize what you've learned.
You'll also be able to:
- Complete your course work in just five semesters (21 months)
- Know your schedule in advance so you can plan around your other responsibilities
- Attend classes one evening each week and one Saturday per month
- Interact with and receive support from Curry's outstanding academic advisors and professional education faculty
- Experience the value of cohort learning - modeling current team-based educational practice - where you and your peers learn together throughout the program to gain and offer support as you create a network of important professional contacts
- Study with people like yourself who share your passion for teaching and who come from diverse backgrounds and all walks of life - experienced educators, counselors, education paraprofessionals, teachers' aides, instructional assistants, career changers and other professionals
- Enjoy the Curry College hallmark of respect for your unique learning style, as experienced through small class sizes, individualized attention and our friendly campus environment
- Select either of our two full-service campus locations in Milton and Plymouth
Serve the Community
When you complete your degree, you'll join our Curry College M.Ed. alumni who provide invaluable service to their communities as elementary education and special education classroom teachers.
Step into Your Future
Why wait? Take the next step and request information. Make an appointment to speak with an advisor. Attend an information session or apply today for admission to the Master of Education program at Curry College.
Jeannine Hatch, M.Ed. '06 shares her experience going back to school to change her career from Accountant to Elementary School teacher.