“After many years of working in one industry, it is very frightening in some ways to change careers. The supportive staff at Curry College truly made the transition easier for me. I would strongly recommend Curry College to any career-changer.”
John McCarthy '09
Major: Master of Education
- Communication Students Experience Hollywood, Up Close
- Trustee Joyce A. Murphy Honored by Greater Boston Chamber of Commerce, Massachusetts Health Council, and Boston Globe Magazine
- Communication Major Elaina Druid '16 Awarded "Emerging Leader Scholarship" by Public Relations Society of America
- More News >
- Free Concert: 'Heartbeat' - Israeli and Palestinian Youth Musicians
- 'Layers': MGNE National Juried Student Exhibition of Monotypes & Monoprints
March 6 - March 14
- Accepted Student Day 2015
- More Events >
- You are here:
- Curry College - Home /
- Programs & Courses /
- Graduate Programs /
- Education /
- Apply - M.Ed.
Apply - M.Ed.
Step Into Your Best Future
When you apply to Curry College, you'll start the degree program that puts you on the path to success. Our friendly team is here to help you every step of the way.
Master of Education (M.Ed.) Admission
Elementary Education or Special Education
- An earned Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution
- Passing scores on the Massachusetts Tests for Educator Licensure (MTEL) Communication and Literacy Skills Test (CLST)
Step 1. Begin the process online or download, print, and mail your application (PDF) along with these required application materials:
- Your official undergraduate transcript and any graduate transcripts(s) sent to Curry College in a sealed envelope directly from the academic institution(s)
- Your current resume
- A typed 2-3 page personal statement that describes your interest in becoming a teacher, what strengths you will bring to the M.Ed. program, any challenges you may face while in the program, and relevant life experience that may have influenced your career choice
- Two sealed letters of recommendation completed on the Curry M.Ed. Recommendation Form
- One from an individual who has supervised you in a paid or volunteer work setting
- One from an individual who is in a position to evaluate your potential for graduate education
- A copy of your passing MTEL scores for the Communication and Literacy Skills Test (CLST)
Step 2. Meet with a member of the M.Ed. Admissions Committee.
Upon receipt of your application, resume, personal statement, and letters of recommendation (items 1 through 4 above), the Graduate Studies office will begin processing your M.Ed. application and will contact you to schedule an appointment for an Admission Interview. Although you must also submit your passing MTEL scores for the CLST, we urge you to forward items 1 through 4 above as early as possible, even if you do not yet have your other application materials completed.
Mail your completed Application for Admission, along with your application materials as they become available, and a non-refundable application fee of $50 payable to Curry College to:
Curry College Curry College
Office of Graduate Studies Office of Graduate Studies
1071 Blue Hill Avenue 20 North Park Avenue
Milton, MA 02186 Plymouth, MA 02360
Michelle Ng, pictured above, and other M.Ed. students from both the Milton and Plymouth campuses presented their capstone research on December 10, 2014. Read more.
Jeannine Hatch, M.Ed. '06 shares her experience going back to school to change her career from Accountant to Elementary School teacher.