“The first time I called Curry, I spoke with an enrollment representative and she answered all of my questions. Looking into a master’s program can be overwhelming but she truly simplified things.”
Derek Thompson '06
Vice Principal, Plymouth North High School
Major: Master of Education
- Curry Students Deliver "Strong" Performance at American College Dance Festival
- American Educational Research Association Honors Dr. Anne Benoit
- CC8's Coverage of Boston Marathon Bombings Recognized by National Broadcasting Society
- More News >
- Confronting Sexual Violence on Campus: An Evening with Byron Hurt
- Accepted Student Day 2014
- The Social Justice Series: 'Gideon's Army' Screening and Q&A with Filmmaker Dawn Porter
- More Events >
- You are here:
- Curry College - Home /
- Programs & Courses /
- Graduate Programs /
- Education /
- Apply - M.Ed.
Apply - M.Ed.
Step Into Your Best Future
When you apply to Curry College, you'll start the degree program that puts you on the path to success. Our friendly team is here to help you every step of the way.
Master of Education (M.Ed.) Admission
Elementary Education or Special Education
- An earned Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution
- Passing scores on the Massachusetts Tests for Educator Licensure (MTEL) Communication and Literacy Skills Test (CLST)
- A college level course in Human Development or Child Development completed within the past five years with a grade of B- or better
To apply to the M.Ed. Program, please complete the following steps.
Step 1. Submit your application (PDF) along with these required application materials:
- Your official undergraduate transcript and any graduate transcripts(s) sent to Curry College in a sealed envelope directly from the academic institution(s)
- Your current resume
- A typed 2-3 page personal statement that describes your interest in becoming a teacher, what strengths you will bring to the M.Ed. program, any challenges you may face while in the program, and relevant life experience that may have influenced your career choice
- Two sealed letters of recommendation completed on the Curry M.Ed. Recommendation Form
- One from an individual who has supervised you in a paid or volunteer work setting
- One from an individual who is in a position to evaluate your potential for graduate education
- A copy of your passing MTEL scores for the Communication and Literacy Skills Test (CLST)
- Documentation of a Human Development or Child Development course completed within the past five years with a grade of B- or better
Step 2. Meet with a member of the M.Ed. Admissions Committee.
Upon receipt of your application, resume, personal statement, and letters of recommendation (items 1 through 4 above), the Graduate Studies office will begin processing your M.Ed. application and will contact you to schedule an appointment for an Admission Interview. Although you must also submit your passing MTEL scores for the CLST and documentation of a Human Development or Child Development course, we urge you to forward items 1 through 4 above as early as possible, even if you do not yet have your other application materials completed.
Mail your completed Application for Admission, along with your application materials as they become available, and a non-refundable application fee of $50 payable to Curry College to:
Curry College Curry College
Office of Graduate Studies Office of Graduate Studies
1071 Blue Hill Avenue 20 North Park Avenue
Milton, MA 02186 Plymouth, MA 02360
Post Master's Reading Specialist Certificate
Applicants must submit the following:
- Complete Post Master's Reading Certificate application form (PDF)
- Sealed, official transcript reflecting completion of a master's degree in an appropriate, education-related discipline
- A current resume
- Copy of current Massachusetts teaching license
- At least one year of public school teaching experience documented by a school principal or administrator on district letterhead
- A typed, 2-3 page personal statement describing your qualifications and interest in becoming a REading Specialist
- A $50.00 non-refundable application fee - please make check or money order payable to Curry College.
Jeannine Hatch, M.Ed. '06 shares her experience going back to school to change her career from Accountant to Elementary School teacher.