- Curry College Awarded Nursing Grant through Massachusetts Department of Higher Education
- Local Radio Host Robert Hakala, Jr. '96 Graces Cover of 'Cape & Plymouth Business' Magazine
- 'Newsweek' Publishes Professor Aaron Arnold's (Co-written) Article on Iran Nuclear Negotiations
- More News >
- New Student Orientation 2015: Transfer Students
- Homecoming and Family Weekend 2015
September 25 - September 27
- Open House - Fall 2015
October 25 - November 1
- More Events >
- You are here:
- Curry College - Home /
- Programs & Courses /
- Graduate Programs /
- Education /
- Earn a Second Teaching License
Earn a Second Teaching License
Interested in earning a Second Teaching License in Elementary Education or Special Education?
Did you know that experienced teachers who hold an initial or professional license in elementary education or moderate disabilities can earn a second license in one of these areas by completing just two additional courses and a practicum? You can earn your second license by enrolling in either Curry's Milton or Plymouth campus to complete your coursework and fieldwork requirements.
How to Apply for Admission:
- Provide evidence of your current teaching license
- Provide evidence of passing scores on the relevant MTEL tests
- Submit your master's degree transcript
- Submit your completed admission application
- Submit an updated resume
- Schedule an advising session via phone or in person to review coursework requirements
What You Need to Know to Obtain Your Second License:
- Our expert advisors will help you select the required coursework needed to fulfill the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE) second licensure requirements.
- If you are currently teaching, Curry College will work with your school to coordinate the completion of the 150 hour DESE required Practicum in your current school system in your new license area.
How to Get Started:
- Speak with one of our expert advisors who will help you develop an individualized plan to obtain your second license. To arrange an advising session, you can fill out an advising request form, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call the campus of your choice: Milton Campus (617) 333-2243; Plymouth Campus (508) 747-2424.
- Apply now to enroll. (Download application/PDF)