“After many years of working in one industry, it is very frightening in some ways to change careers. The supportive staff at Curry College truly made the transition easier for me. I would strongly recommend Curry College to any career-changer.”
John McCarthy '09
Major: Master of Education
- Spring Break in Silicon Valley: Information Technology, Business Management Students Meet with Tech Giants
- Curry Film/TV Student a Finalist in NESN Producing Competition
- Trustee Ruth Ellen Fitch Appointed to the Massachusetts Pension Reserves Investment Management (PRIM) Board
- More News >
- 'Senior 7: Off the Grid' - Spring Art & Design Exhibit (Reception, 5/17)
April 2 - May 17
- Spring Student Art & Design Exhibit (Reception, 4/11)
April 6 - April 11
- Accepted Student Day 2015
- More Events >
- You are here:
- Curry College - Home /
- Programs & Courses /
- Graduate Programs /
- Education /
- M.Ed. - Elementary Education
M.Ed. - Elementary Education
Do you dream of positively influencing today's young learners as an elementary classroom teacher? Have you considered a new career direction where you can inspire America's elementary school students? Are you a teacher's aide, education paraprofessional or instructional assistant?
Then take the next step to gain the professional skills and perspectives of an effective elementary classroom educator, and choose the elementary education (teacher, grades 1-6) concentration in the M.Ed. program at Curry College.
Team-Based Learning and Benefits
As you complete your coursework, you will benefit from our cohort-based learning community that models the team-oriented educational workplace. In addition to hands-on fieldwork experiences in actual classrooms, you'll interact with Curry's dedicated faculty in small class settings while exploring key concepts of successful educational practice, including literacy, curriculum development and lesson planning, classroom management, working with children with special needs and techniques to adapt and differentiate instruction for different learners.
Before you apply, you'll need to:
- Earn a passing score on the MTEL communication and literacy skills tests
- Demonstrate basic computer skills and regular access to a computer so you can complete the online components of the program
Schedules and Courses
Step Into Your FutureStep into your future as a classroom teacher in elementary education, grades 1-6. Request information about the M.Ed. concentration in elementary education at Curry College, make an appointment to speak with an advisor or apply today!
Faculty member Pat Fraine and M.Ed. alum Maureen Ferris '11 speak about the benefits of cohort learning. Attending classes with the same group of students throughout the program provides peer support and a valuable network of professional colleagues that will last long after the program is completed.
Jeannine Hatch, M.Ed. '06 shares her experience going back to school to change her career from Accountant to Elementary School teacher.