“I live on the South Shore and had heard positive things about Curry College. The fact that Curry has smaller classes and that the student population in the program tends to be older were the selling points for me.”
John McCarthy '09
Major: Master of Education
- Matt Fitzgerald '13 Tapped to Co-anchor Boston Herald Radio's 'The Lede'
- Professor Joani Geltman's 'A Survival Guide for Parenting Teens...' Featured in 'Boston Globe'
- Dr. Karen Lischinsky Featured in 'New York Times' Article on Restorative Justice
- More News >
- New Student Welcome Weekend 2014
August 30 - September 2
- Spirit Week 2014! - For New and Returning Students
September 1 - September 7
- New Student Academic Convocation 2014
- More Events >
- You are here:
- Curry College - Home /
- Programs & Courses /
- Graduate Programs /
- Education /
- M.Ed. - Elementary Education
M.Ed. - Elementary Education
Do you dream of positively influencing today's young learners as an elementary classroom teacher? Have you considered a new career direction where you can inspire America's elementary school students? Are you a teacher's aide, education paraprofessional or instructional assistant?
Then take the next step to gain the professional skills and perspectives of an effective elementary classroom educator, and choose the elementary education (teacher, grades 1-6) concentration in the M.Ed. program at Curry College.
Team-Based Learning and Benefits
As you complete your course work in just 16 months, you will benefit from our cohort-based learning community that models the team-oriented educational workplace. In addition to hands-on fieldwork experiences in actual classrooms, you'll interact with Curry's dedicated faculty in small class settings while exploring key concepts of successful educational practice, including literacy, curriculum development and lesson planning, classroom management, working with children with special needs and techniques to adapt and differentiate instruction for different learners.
Before you apply, you'll need to:
- Earn a passing score on the MTEL communication and literacy skills tests
- Demonstrate basic computer skills and regular access to a computer so you can complete the online components of the program
Schedules and Courses
Step Into Your FutureStep into your future as a classroom teacher in elementary education, grades 1-6. Request information about the M.Ed. concentration in elementary education at Curry College, make an appointment to speak with an advisor or apply today!
Jeannine Hatch, M.Ed. '06 shares her experience going back to school to change her career from Accountant to Elementary School teacher.