“The first time I called Curry, I spoke with an enrollment representative and she answered all of my questions. Looking into a master’s program can be overwhelming but she truly simplified things.”
Derek Thompson '06
Vice Principal, Plymouth North High School
Major: Master of Education
- Curry College Featured on Fox 25 “College Tour”
- A Field of Dreams: Curry TV Student Spends Summer with NESN Red Sox Baseball Coverage
- John Fish Makes Case for Boston Olympics at Curry College Forum
- More News >
- Fall 2014 Open House
October 26 - November 2
- New York City Reception for Alumni, Parents and Friends
- Free Workshop for Guidance Counselors and Educational Consultants: Helping Students with Learning Disabilities Navigate the College Search
- More Events >
- You are here:
- Curry College - Home /
- Programs & Courses /
- Graduate Programs /
- Education /
- M.Ed. - Elementary Education
M.Ed. - Elementary Education
Do you dream of positively influencing today's young learners as an elementary classroom teacher? Have you considered a new career direction where you can inspire America's elementary school students? Are you a teacher's aide, education paraprofessional or instructional assistant?
Then take the next step to gain the professional skills and perspectives of an effective elementary classroom educator, and choose the elementary education (teacher, grades 1-6) concentration in the M.Ed. program at Curry College.
Team-Based Learning and Benefits
As you complete your coursework, you will benefit from our cohort-based learning community that models the team-oriented educational workplace. In addition to hands-on fieldwork experiences in actual classrooms, you'll interact with Curry's dedicated faculty in small class settings while exploring key concepts of successful educational practice, including literacy, curriculum development and lesson planning, classroom management, working with children with special needs and techniques to adapt and differentiate instruction for different learners.
Before you apply, you'll need to:
- Earn a passing score on the MTEL communication and literacy skills tests
- Demonstrate basic computer skills and regular access to a computer so you can complete the online components of the program
Schedules and Courses
Step Into Your FutureStep into your future as a classroom teacher in elementary education, grades 1-6. Request information about the M.Ed. concentration in elementary education at Curry College, make an appointment to speak with an advisor or apply today!
Faculty member Pat Fraine and M.Ed. alum Maureen Ferris '11 speak about the benefits of cohort learning. Attending classes with the same group of students throughout the program provides peer support and a valuable network of professional colleagues that will last long after the program is completed.
Jeannine Hatch, M.Ed. '06 shares her experience going back to school to change her career from Accountant to Elementary School teacher.