“After many years of working in one industry, it is very frightening in some ways to change careers. The supportive staff at Curry College truly made the transition easier for me. I would strongly recommend Curry College to any career-changer.”
John McCarthy '09
Major: Master of Education
- Dr. Karen Lischinsky's Work with MA Restorative Justice Collaborative Continues to Garner National Attention
- Curry College Awarded Nursing Grant through Massachusetts Department of Higher Education
- Local Radio Host Robert Hakala, Jr. '96 Graces Cover of 'Cape & Plymouth Business' Magazine
- More News >
- New Student Orientation 2015: Transfer Students
- Art Exhibit: 'Absence & Presence - A Printmaking Response to the Bombing of Al-Mutanabbi Street'
August 28 - October 23
- Homecoming and Family Weekend 2015
September 25 - September 27
- More Events >
- You are here:
- Curry College - Home /
- Programs & Courses /
- Graduate Programs /
- Education /
- M.Ed. - Elementary Education
M.Ed. - Elementary Education
Do you dream of positively influencing today's young learners as an elementary classroom teacher? Have you considered a new career direction where you can inspire America's elementary school students? Are you a teacher's aide, education paraprofessional or instructional assistant?
Then take the next step to gain the professional skills and perspectives of an effective elementary classroom educator, and choose the elementary education (teacher, grades 1-6) concentration in the M.Ed. program at Curry College.
Team-Based Learning and Benefits
As you complete your coursework, you will benefit from our cohort-based learning community that models the team-oriented educational workplace. In addition to hands-on fieldwork experiences in actual classrooms, you'll interact with Curry's dedicated faculty in small class settings while exploring key concepts of successful educational practice, including literacy, curriculum development and lesson planning, classroom management, working with children with special needs and techniques to adapt and differentiate instruction for different learners.
Before you apply, you'll need to:
- Earn a passing score on the MTEL communication and literacy skills tests
- Demonstrate basic computer skills and regular access to a computer so you can complete the online components of the program
Schedules and Courses
Step Into Your FutureStep into your future as a classroom teacher in elementary education, grades 1-6. Request information about the M.Ed. concentration in elementary education at Curry College, make an appointment to speak with an advisor or apply today!
Michelle Ng, pictured above, and other M.Ed. students from both the Milton and Plymouth campuses presented their capstone research on December 10, 2014. Read more.
Third-grade teacher Nilza Grassa shares her story of why she chose teaching and Curry College: "I had a job, but didn't have a career. I decided to pay a visit to my cousin's fourth grade classroom to explore teaching. That was the exact spark I needed. It was my ah-ha moment." Read more...
Jeannine Hatch, M.Ed. '06 shares her experience going back to school to change her career from Accountant to Elementary School teacher.