“Curry College has created a completely new design for its proposed leadership preparation program.…[Curry’s] highly commendable examples of course and key assessments are a credit to the design team. They reflect real life, practical applications requiring candidates to merge theory into practice throughout the entire year.”
Massachusetts Department of Secondary Education
- You are here:
- Curry College - Home /
- Programs & Courses /
- Graduate Programs /
- Education /
- Principal and Supervisor Licensure Program
Principal and Supervisor Licensure Program
The Curry College Principal and Supervisor Licensure Program is a unique training opportunity for aspiring school administrators. The program focuses on linking best practice with theory to achieve measurable, real-world performance goals.
Theory and Practice
The Curry College Principal and Supervisor Licensure Program combines theory and practice through its practicum-linked assignments. Coursework and practicum include:
- Change theory
- Curriculum and instruction leadership
- Data-driven assessment and planning
- Teacher recruitment, supervision and evaluation
- Law and policy
- Community engagement
- Successful school culture strategies
Our program will prepare candidates for the following leadership roles:
· Principal/Assistant Principal Licensure (Pre-K-6; 5-8; 9-12), or
· Special Education Administrator (all levels), or
· Supervisor/Director (level depends on prerequisite license)
One-Year Intensive Licensure Program
Our program provides 550-hour Pre-practicum/Practicum supported by relevant coursework. Course assignments will require candidates to assume specific responsibilities in the school where they work as part of the Practicum. These responsibilities will be assessed against both practical and theoretical research-based criteria, including the most recent Massachusetts standards and evaluative instruments, to ensure that theory and practice are closely aligned.
School District Partners Identify and Support Their Selected Candidates
Developed by Curry College with a core group of participating districts, candidates will be nominated by their home districts based on their success in their current jobs and their leadership potential. Candidates will be paired with an experienced administrator who will serve in a mentor role.
Convenient Schedule and Blended Format
Classes are scheduled one evening a week and are delivered in a blended model - a blend of in-person discussions and online activities - to best meet the needs of busy professionals.
Curry's Principal and Supervisor Licensure Program has been approved by the Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education.
· Getting Started - Pre-Practicum in Educational Leadership (1 credit, 50 hours)
· Theory and Practice of Leadership
· Leadership in Teaching and Learning
· Human Resources, Operational Systems and School-Based Budgeting
· Practicum I (250 hours)
· Community and Family Engagement
· Education Law, Ethics and Policies
· Practicum II (250 hours)
Schedule to be determined
· Sheltered English Immersion for Administraors (1 credit)
All courses are 3 credits unless noted otherwise.
Subject to change.
Interested in learning more? Read the Program Prospectus.
Attend an Information Session to learn more
Plan to attend one of our Information Sessions to learn more about the program and to meet the program faculty and staff: Contact us at 617-333-2255 or email@example.com for more information.
RSVP for an Informational Event Date!