“I live on the South Shore and had heard positive things about Curry College. The fact that Curry has smaller classes and that the student population in the program tends to be older were the selling points for me.”
John McCarthy '09
Major: Master of Education
- Homecoming and Family Weekend 2014 Celebrates Family, Friends, Fall and Fun!
- Curry Colonel Appears on Fox 25 to Promote Upcoming “College Tour”
- Welcome New Faculty!
- More News >
- Millennial Workplace Expert Lindsey Pollak to Headline 5th Annual Curry College Senior Conference
- Fall 2014 Open House
October 26 - November 2
- New York City Reception for Alumni, Parents and Friends
- More Events >
- You are here:
- Curry College - Home /
- Programs & Courses /
- Graduate Programs /
- Education /
- M.Ed. - Special Education
M.Ed. - Special Education
Are you excited about leading a classroom designed for young students with moderate disabilities? Have you been thinking about a new career in which you can improve the world for special needs children? Do you already serve students with special needs as a teacher's aide, education paraprofessional or instructional assistant?
Start making a difference in your life and the lives of others by choosing the Special Education concentration in the Master of Education (M.Ed.) program at Curry College.
Team-Based Learning and Benefits
As you complete your course work in just 16 months, you and your peers will benefit from our cohort-based learning community that models the team-oriented educational workplace. In addition to hands-on fieldwork experiences in actual classrooms, you'll learn from Curry's dedicated faculty in small class settings while exploring key concepts of successful educational practice, including literacy, curriculum development and lesson planning, classroom management strategies, psycho-educational assessment, creating individualized lesson plans (IEPs) and techniques to adapt and differentiate lessons for different learners.
Before you apply, you'll need to:
- Earn a passing score on the MTEL communication and literacy skills tests
- Demonstrate basic computer skills and regular access to a computer so you can complete the online components of the program
Schedules and Courses
Step Into Your Future
Step into your future as a classroom teacher in special education for students with moderate disabilities, PreK-8. Request information about the M.Ed. concentration in special education at Curry College, make an appointment to speak with an advisor or apply today!