“The first time I called Curry, I spoke with an enrollment representative and she answered all of my questions. Looking into a master’s program can be overwhelming but she truly simplified things.”
Derek Thompson '06
Vice Principal, Plymouth North High School
Major: Master of Education
- Spring Break in Silicon Valley: Information Technology, Business Management Students Meet with Tech Giants
- Curry Film/TV Student a Finalist in NESN Producing Competition
- Trustee Ruth Ellen Fitch Appointed to the Massachusetts Pension Reserves Investment Management (PRIM) Board
- More News >
- 'Senior 7: Off the Grid' - Spring Art & Design Exhibit (Reception, 5/17)
April 2 - May 17
- Spring Student Art & Design Exhibit (Reception, 4/11)
April 6 - April 11
- Accepted Student Day 2015
- More Events >
- You are here:
- Curry College - Home /
- Programs & Courses /
- Graduate Programs /
- Education /
- M.Ed. - Special Education
M.Ed. - Special Education
Are you excited about leading a classroom designed for young students with moderate disabilities? Have you been thinking about a new career in which you can improve the world for special needs children? Do you already serve students with special needs as a teacher's aide, education paraprofessional or instructional assistant?
Start making a difference in your life and the lives of others by choosing the Special Education concentration in the Master of Education (M.Ed.) program at Curry College.
Team-Based Learning and Benefits
As you complete your course work, you and your peers will benefit from our cohort-based learning community that models the team-oriented educational workplace. In addition to hands-on fieldwork experiences in actual classrooms, you'll learn from Curry's dedicated faculty in small class settings while exploring key concepts of successful educational practice, including literacy, curriculum development and lesson planning, classroom management strategies, psycho-educational assessment, creating individualized lesson plans (IEPs) and techniques to adapt and differentiate lessons for different learners.
Before you apply, you'll need to:
- Earn a passing score on the MTEL communication and literacy skills tests
- Demonstrate basic computer skills and regular access to a computer so you can complete the online components of the program
Schedules and Courses
Step Into Your Future
Step into your future as a classroom teacher in special education for students with moderate disabilities, PreK-8. Request information about the M.Ed. concentration in special education at Curry College, make an appointment to speak with an advisor or apply today!
Faculty member Pat Fraine and M.Ed. alum Maureen Ferris '11 speak about the benefits of cohort learning. Attending classes with the same group of students throughout the program provides peer support and a valuable network of professional colleagues that will last long after the program is completed.
Jeannine Hatch, M.Ed. '06 shares her experience going back to school to change her career from Accountant to Elementary School teacher.