“The role of the Clinical Nurse Leader is evolving in health care…there will be many opportunities for nurses to work in that role to help measure outcomes.”
Barbara Healey, '11
Major: Master of Science in Nursing
- Psychology Students Present Research at New England Psychological Association (NEPA) Conference
- Community Health & Wellness Students Network at Annual Public Health Conference
- Board of Trustees Announces New Members
- More News >
- Curry Presents International Anti-Violence Exhibit, "Al-Mutanabbi Street Starts Here"
- Center for Career Development Presents: Senior Conference 2014
- Free Workshop for Guidance Counselors and Educational Consultants: Helping Students with Learning Disabilities Navigate the College Search
- More Events >
Enhance your value to healthcare organizations by developing the leadership abilities required to measurably improve overall quality, reduce costs, raise the level of nursing practice and increase patient, family and physician satisfaction when you enroll in the Master of Science in Nursing-Clinical Nurse Leader (MSN-CNL®) program at Curry College.
Improve your clinical practice skills and professional competence in patient safety, risk assessment, outcomes measurement and quality improvement in Curry's MSN-CNL program. You'll benefit from:
- An accomplished MSN faculty of nursing professionals who are committed to nursing education excellence
- A cohort-based learning model where you and your nursing colleagues form a team that remains together throughout the program, modeling current workplace practice
- Competencies and curriculum grounded in guidelines established by the American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN) in collaboration with leaders from the practice environment
- Extensive clinical immersion opportunities at diverse, world-renowned healthcare facilities, which can include Boston-area teaching hospitals, other outstanding regional clinical facilities, or your current employer
- A manageable, one-day-a-week schedule for five semesters
- Convenient Curry campus location - accessible to major highways
- Accreditation by the Commission of Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
When you complete the program, you are eligible to take the AACN CNL® Certification Examination. You also may qualify for nursing faculty positions or choose to pursue a doctorate in nursing.
Clinical Nurse Leader - Timely New Role in American Health Care
As a practicing professional, you're well aware of the dynamic changes in our highly complex healthcare system that require you to think differently about how you care for patients. You need to do more than understand a diagnosis and implement a treatment plan. You're expected to be a straightforward communicator, a thoughtful leader, an effective educator, a strong advocate for your patients and community, a contributing member of a healthcare team and much more.
To be a successful next-generation nursing leader - a generalist Clinical Nurse Leader (CNL) - you must keep current with technological advances and emerging medical knowledge while minimizing errors. You must also know how to use your leadership skills, evidence-based practice and decision analysis to anticipate risks, understand technology and maintain patient safety. When you pursue your MSN-CNL at Curry College, you'll enhance your clinical judgment and acquire the necessary tools for career success while maintaining the all-important contact with your patients.
Read more about the Clinical Nurse Leader role (pdf download)
Step Into Your Future
Take the critical next step to advance your professional nursing career. Request information about Curry College's graduate-level program for the Master of Science in Nursing-Clinical Nurse Leader (MSN-CNL). Make an appointment to speak with an academic advisor or apply today!
Judy Dynan '11 discusses the advantages of the MSN Program cohort model.
Barbara Healey '11 discusses her experience in the Curry Master of Science in Nursing Program