“I knew I didn't want to be a nurse manager and I didn't want to be a nurse practitioner. Now I can be in a leadership role and still be bed-side.”
Judy Dynan, '11
Major: Master of Science in Nursing, Clinical Nurse Leader
- Communication Major Elaina Druid '16 Awarded "Emerging Leader Scholarship" by Public Relations Society of America
- Hall of Fame Sportswriter Bob Ryan Featured at Littlefield Lecture Series Event
- Curry College Featured on Fox 25 “College Tour”
- More News >
- Free Workshop for Guidance Counselors and Educational Consultants: Helping Students with Learning Disabilities Navigate the College Search
- 'Layers': MGNE National Juried Student Exhibition of Monotypes & Monoprints
February 1 - March 14
- Accepted Student Day 2015
- More Events >
- You are here:
- Curry College - Home /
- Programs & Courses /
- Graduate Programs /
- Nursing /
- Apply - M.S. Nursing
Apply - M.S. Nursing
Step Into Your Best Future
When you apply to Curry College, you'll start the degree program that puts you on the path to success. Our friendly team is here to help you every step of the way.
Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) Admission
Begin the application process online or download, print, and mail application form (PDF), enclose a non-refundable fee of $50.00 and return both to the Graduate Studies Department. Make check or money order payable to Curry College.
1. An earned Baccalaureate degree* from an accredited institution (undergraduate GPA of 3.0 is preferred).
2. Completion of a college-level statistics course.
3. An interview with Nursing Faculty or Staff.
*RNs with a bachelor's in a field other than nursing may be required to take additional courses. Speak to advisor for more information.
Required application materials:
1. Your official undergraduate transcript and any graduate transcript(s) sent to Curry College in a sealed envelope from the academic institutions(s).
2. Your current resume.
3. One sealed letter of recommendation from a professional reference familiar with your work and your potential for graduate studies in nursing. Please use the enclosed Curry College MSN Recommendation Form.
4. A personal statement that describes your nursing background and your interest in pursuing your chosen graduate studies concentration (Nurse Educator or CNL).
5. A copy of an unrestricted MA registered nurse license.
Curry accepts applications on a rolling basis and space in the cohort is limited. Admissions decisions are normally made within two weeks of the receipt of all application materials.
We encourage applicants to complete their applications by August 1 for the upcoming Fall cohort. After that time, applications will be considered on a space available basis.
Transfer Credit Policy
Curry College has a policy that limits transfer credit into its master's degree programs to a maximum of 6 credits. Transfer credit requests are approved by the program director and courses must be a close match to courses in the MSN program at Curry. Consideration of transfer credit must occur as part of the admissions process and will not be considered after a student has begun the program. Transferability of credits from Curry to other institutions would be at the discretion of the receiving institution.
Judy Dynan '11 discusses the advantages of the MSN Program cohort model.
Barbara Healey '11 discusses her experience in the Curry Master of Science in Nursing Program