“I knew I didn't want to be a nurse manager and I didn't want to be a nurse practitioner. Now I can be in a leadership role and still be bed-side.”
Judy Dynan, '11
Major: Master of Science in Nursing, Clinical Nurse Leader
- Awards Recognition Ceremony Celebrates the Best of Curry 2012-2013
- Curry College Equestrian Places 5th at National Championship Competition
- BPD Commissioner Ed Davis Visits Curry
- More News >
- Commencement 2013
- New Student Orientation 2013: First-Year Students
June 6 - June 20
- New Student Orientation 2013: Transfer Students
July 18 - August 1
- More Events >
- You are here:
- Curry College - Home /
- Programs & Courses /
- Graduate Programs /
- Nursing /
- Tuition & Financial Aid /
- Dollar$ and $ense: What You Need To Know About Money Management
Dollar$ and $ense: What You Need To Know About Money Management
Welcome to Curry College's Financial Literacy homepage. We are offering this information to you to help you become an educated consumer about topics such as budgeting, credit management, debt management including your student loans, repayment information and financial planning. Our goal is for you to become familiar with these topics so you can make sound decisions regarding your finances while enrolled at Curry and as well as after graduation.
Attending college can be an exciting time in a student's life. For many, it is the first time living away from home and being solely responsible for managing certain aspects of one's non-academic life like money management. While concentrating on academics is a student's primary focus, understanding concepts of finance is also an important part of a student's education. All too often students graduate from college with little or no understanding on how to manage their finances just at a time when new expenses such as rent, student loan and credit card payments are becoming a reality.
We hope you find the information and additional resources offered to be helpful.
SAVING AND INVESTING
- Checking and Savings Accounts
- Investment and Retirement Accounts
UNDERSTANDING MY CREDIT
- What is a Credit Score?
- Credit Report and Credit Rating
- Repairing My Credit
- Installment and Revolving Credit
- Debit and Credit Cards
PAYING FOR COLLEGE
- Student Loans
- Payment Plans
- Responsible Borrowing
- Paying Back My Student Loans
- Options for My Loan Repayment
- Tracking My Debt
- How to Reduce Your Risk of Identity Theft
- What to Do if Your Identity Is Stolen
MANAGE MY MONEY
- What is a Budget?
- My Spending Habits
- Saving for My Future
Judy Dynan '11 discusses the advantages of the MSN Program cohort model.
Barbara Healey '11 discusses her experience in the Curry Master of Science in Nursing Program