“The importance of time management and prioritization; those are two consistent themes that can be found in my every day work. Ultimately, completing a dual degree at Curry, working several on campus jobs and interning at various companies are what helped me perfect time management and prioritization. These transferable skills have served me well and will continue to serve me well as I move forward in my career.”
Elton Silva '14
Senior Consultant of Pharmacy Operations
Major: Communication, Management
- Dr. Karen Lischinsky's Work with MA Restorative Justice Collaborative Continues to Garner National Attention
- Curry College Awarded Nursing Grant through Massachusetts Department of Higher Education
- Local Radio Host Robert Hakala, Jr. '96 Graces Cover of 'Cape & Plymouth Business' Magazine
- More News >
- New Student Orientation 2015: Transfer Students
- Art Exhibit: 'Absence & Presence - A Printmaking Response to the Bombing of Al-Mutanabbi Street'
August 28 - October 23
- Homecoming and Family Weekend 2015
September 25 - September 27
- More Events >
- You are here:
- Curry College - Home /
- Programs & Courses /
- Undergraduate Programs /
- First-Year Experience
Transform Your Life
Making the transition to college can be a little confusing and lot of fun. Your First-Year Experience at Curry College helps smooth out the bumps and puts you on the path to success. Our people, programs and activities are specially selected to absorb your attention, challenge your perspectives and support your efforts in and out of class.
Call On Your Academic Advisor
Consider yourself an active participant in your own education, immersed in shaping your college experiences and creating the future of your dreams. But you don't have to go it alone.
Throughout your first year, you'll collaborate with your individual academic advisor, a caring and committed Curry faculty member focused on knowing you as the amazing person you are. During one-on-one meetings, you'll plan your academic program, reflect on your goals and how to reach them, and engage in thoughtful conversations about your learning and growth.
As a mentor, your advisor can offer guidance on finding tools and resources to support your academic achievement and provide valuable insights about your career goals.
- First-Year Inquiry
- First-Year Seminar
- First-Year Honors
- Summer Orientation
- Summer Reading Program
- Welcome Weeks
- Curry Connections Midterm Mixer
- Career Discovery Week