“Growing up on the North Shore I had always been interested in communication and sports, but I didn't want to go to a huge school in the city. The intimate size of Curry was perfect for me, and I was still able to reap the fruits of Boston.”
Bryan Ryder '92
- Curry College Celebrates Commencement 2013
- Awards Recognition Ceremony Celebrates the Best of Curry 2012-2013
- Curry College Equestrian Places 5th at National Championship Competition
- More News >
- New Student Orientation 2013: First-Year Students
June 6 - June 20
- New Student Orientation 2013: Transfer Students
July 18 - August 1
- New Student Convocation 2013
- More Events >
- You are here:
- Curry College - Home /
- Programs & Courses /
- Undergraduate Programs /
- Global Experiences /
- Spring Break Trips
Spring Break Trips
Each year Curry College students have the opportunity to spend their spring break travelling abroad and experiencing life in a wide variety of foreign countries. Traditionally hosted by Foreign Languages professor Jeannette DeJong along with EF (Education First) College Study Tours, these educational, fun and safe trips have included visits to Rome, Paris, Florence, Amsterdam, Brussels and London.
And although these getaways are indeed educational in nature, there is plenty of time for students to just enjoy the experience of exploring foreign lands and languages and becoming part of the native culture for the week. Notable recent stops along the way have included:
- The Louvre
- The Eiffel Tower
- Musée d'Orsay
- The Tower of London
- The British Library
- The London Eye
- The Anne Frank House/Museum
- and much, much more!
"I have been so fortunate to be able to provide a way for students to go to Europe who might not otherwise get that opportunity. Parents, especially, like that these trips are supervised and organized. I love seeing the students get a chance to have these enriching experiences," says DeJong.
Spring 2013 TripS
The Humanities Department has two trips planned for the spring of 2013:
- Grand Tour of Italy with Professor Karoline Szatek and
- England, Ireland, and Wales with Professor DeJong.
For more information on trips abroad during spring break week, please contact Professor DeJong at email@example.com.