“At Curry, you feel like you know everyone…Everyone is interested in you as a student and as a person. They’re ready to help you and answer your questions. My professors still stay in touch and continue to encourage me.”
Jennifer Fogarty '09
- Community Health & Wellness Students Network at Annual Public Health Conference
- Board of Trustees Announces New Members
- RN-BS Students Host Health Promotion Fair
- More News >
- Curry Theatre Presents: Mark Twain's 'Is He Dead?'
December 7 - December 10
- The Keighton Fund of Curry College Presents: Triple Helix, Piano Trio
- Curry Presents International Anti-Violence Exhibit, "Al-Mutanabbi Street Starts Here"
- More Events >
- You are here:
- Curry College - Home /
- Programs & Courses /
- Undergraduate Programs /
- Global Experiences /
- Spring Break Trips
Spring Break Trips
Each year Curry College students have the opportunity to spend their spring break travelling abroad and experiencing life in a wide variety of foreign countries. Traditionally hosted by Foreign Languages professor Jeannette DeJong along with EF (Education First) College Study Tours, these educational, fun and safe trips have included visits to Rome, Paris, Florence, Amsterdam, Brussels and London.
And although these getaways are indeed educational in nature, there is plenty of time for students to just enjoy the experience of exploring foreign lands and languages and becoming part of the native culture for the week. Notable recent stops along the way have included:
- The Louvre
- The Eiffel Tower
- Musée d'Orsay
- The Tower of London
- The British Library
- The London Eye
- The Anne Frank House/Museum
- and much, much more!
"I have been so fortunate to be able to provide a way for students to go to Europe who might not otherwise get that opportunity. Parents, especially, like that these trips are supervised and organized. I love seeing the students get a chance to have these enriching experiences," says DeJong.
Spring 2013 TripS
The Humanities Department planned 2 trips for the spring of 2013:
- Grand Tour of Italy with Professor Karoline Szatek and
- England, Ireland, and Wales with Professor DeJong.
For more information on trips abroad during spring break week, please contact Professor DeJong at firstname.lastname@example.org.