“I like the simulated patient interaction we practice in the classroom and then apply with real people at fieldwork sites...my professors explain the principles with lots of stories and examples. They use humor to make you feel comfortable, and they’re extremely helpful in every situation.”
Jay Cobden '14
- Hill Holliday Chairman and CEO Karen Kaplan to Deliver Commencement Address
- Cambridge College President Deborah C. Jackson to Receive Honorary Degree
- Men's Hockey Partners with Team IMPACT to Recruit Seven-Year Old Aidan Collins
- More News >
- Curry Theatre Presents: Euripides’ 'The Trojan Women'
April 26 - April 29
- The Curry Dance Spring Showcase: 'ARTERTAINMENT'
May 4 - May 5
- Commencement 2014
- More Events >
- You are here:
- Curry College - Home /
- Programs & Courses /
- Undergraduate Programs /
- Global Experiences /
- Spring Break Trips
Spring Break Trips
Each year Curry College students have the opportunity to spend their spring break travelling abroad and experiencing life in a wide variety of foreign countries. Traditionally hosted by Foreign Languages professor Jeannette DeJong along with EF (Education First) College Study Tours, these educational, fun and safe trips have included visits to Rome, Paris, Florence, Amsterdam, Brussels and London.
And although these getaways are indeed educational in nature, there is plenty of time for students to just enjoy the experience of exploring foreign lands and languages and becoming part of the native culture for the week. Notable recent stops along the way have included:
- The Louvre
- The Eiffel Tower
- Musée d'Orsay
- The Tower of London
- The British Library
- The London Eye
- The Anne Frank House/Museum
- and much, much more!
"I have been so fortunate to be able to provide a way for students to go to Europe who might not otherwise get that opportunity. Parents, especially, like that these trips are supervised and organized. I love seeing the students get a chance to have these enriching experiences," says DeJong.
Spring 2013 TripS
The Humanities Department planned 2 trips for the spring of 2013:
- Grand Tour of Italy with Professor Karoline Szatek and
- England, Ireland, and Wales with Professor DeJong.
For more information on trips abroad during spring break week, please contact Professor DeJong at email@example.com.