“I went to orientation and met a girl who ended up being my roommate for all four years. I've still stayed extremely close with friends I made at Curry, both students and faculty.”
Alicia (Viscomi) Williams '09
Owner/President, Aliste' Internet Marketing, Inc.
- Dr. Karen Lischinsky's Work with MA Restorative Justice Collaborative Continues to Garner National Attention
- Curry College Awarded Nursing Grant through Massachusetts Department of Higher Education
- Local Radio Host Robert Hakala, Jr. '96 Graces Cover of 'Cape & Plymouth Business' Magazine
- More News >
- New Student Orientation 2015: Transfer Students
- Art Exhibit: 'Absence & Presence - A Printmaking Response to the Bombing of Al-Mutanabbi Street'
August 28 - October 23
- Homecoming and Family Weekend 2015
September 25 - September 27
- More Events >
- You are here:
- Curry College - Home /
- Programs & Courses /
- Undergraduate Programs /
- Majors, Minors, and Concentrations /
- Majors /
- Business Management /
- Learning Outcomes
The Undergraduate BUSINESS Management Major
To learn the fundamental principles and techniques of management, accounting, economics, finance quantitative analysis, business law, marketing, organizational behavior, and business ethics - all framed by an international, global perspective. In addition, the following professional skills are developed:
- Communication - the ability to share ideas and findings clearly in written and oral expression.
- Teamwork - the ability to work effectively as a team member and a team leader.
- Self-Management - the ability to evaluate one-self, modify behavior, and meet obligations.
- Leadership - the ability to influence and support others to perform complex and ambiguous tasks.
- Critical Thinking - the ability to gather and analyze information for creative problem-solving.
Source: Schermerhorn, Management 7E, Wiley Publishing, 2002 update
(Used by permission of John R. Schermerhorn, Jr., Ohio University)