“I was directly accepted into the Curry Nursing program, so that had a big influence on my decision...I would also get to start my clinical rotations during sophomore year, so I would gain that real world experience right off the bat. Add in the proximity to Boston and the connections you can make at all of the great hospitals there, you can't get any better than that.”
Amber Soucy '13
- John Fish Makes Case for Boston Olympics at Curry College Forum
- All 'Eye's Drawn to Curry's Newest Sculpture
- Homecoming and Family Weekend 2014 Celebrates Family, Friends, Fall and Fun!
- More News >
- Fox 25 to Broadcast 'College Tour' Live from Curry College
- Fall 2014 Open House
October 26 - November 2
- New York City Reception for Alumni, Parents and Friends
- More Events >
- You are here:
- Curry College - Home /
- Programs & Courses /
- Undergraduate Programs /
- Majors, Minors, and Concentrations /
- Majors /
- Business Management /
- Learning Outcomes
The Undergraduate BUSINESS Management Major
To learn the fundamental principles and techniques of management, accounting, economics, finance quantitative analysis, business law, marketing, organizational behavior, and business ethics - all framed by an international, global perspective. In addition, the following professional skills are developed:
- Communication - the ability to share ideas and findings clearly in written and oral expression.
- Teamwork - the ability to work effectively as a team member and a team leader.
- Self-Management - the ability to evaluate one-self, modify behavior, and meet obligations.
- Leadership - the ability to influence and support others to perform complex and ambiguous tasks.
- Critical Thinking - the ability to gather and analyze information for creative problem-solving.
Source: Schermerhorn, Management 7E, Wiley Publishing, 2002 update
(Used by permission of John R. Schermerhorn, Jr., Ohio University)