“I want to manage a television station or work in the corporate offices of a network like ESPN, TBS, or NBC, so it’s important to understand how to run a business. By also knowing the television production process, I feel I’ll be a stronger and more credible leader.”
Elton Silva '14
Major: Communication, Management
- Curry College Featured on Fox 25 “College Tour”
- A Field of Dreams: Curry TV Student Spends Summer with NESN Red Sox Baseball Coverage
- John Fish Makes Case for Boston Olympics at Curry College Forum
- More News >
- Fall 2014 Open House
- New York City Reception for Alumni, Parents and Friends
- Curry Theatre Fall Black Box Performance: "Over the Edge"
November 15 - November 17
- More Events >
- You are here:
- Curry College - Home /
- Programs & Courses /
- Undergraduate Programs /
- Majors, Minors, and Concentrations /
- Majors /
- Business Management /
- Learning Outcomes
The Undergraduate BUSINESS Management Major
To learn the fundamental principles and techniques of management, accounting, economics, finance quantitative analysis, business law, marketing, organizational behavior, and business ethics - all framed by an international, global perspective. In addition, the following professional skills are developed:
- Communication - the ability to share ideas and findings clearly in written and oral expression.
- Teamwork - the ability to work effectively as a team member and a team leader.
- Self-Management - the ability to evaluate one-self, modify behavior, and meet obligations.
- Leadership - the ability to influence and support others to perform complex and ambiguous tasks.
- Critical Thinking - the ability to gather and analyze information for creative problem-solving.
Source: Schermerhorn, Management 7E, Wiley Publishing, 2002 update
(Used by permission of John R. Schermerhorn, Jr., Ohio University)