“I love Curry. I applied to five other schools. Coming here was definitely the best decision. At other colleges, you have one or two semesters of student teaching, and Curry gives you four to make sure that you really want to and are ready to teach.”
Lauren Chuha '14
3rd Grade Teacher
Major: Elementary Education
- Spring Break in Silicon Valley: Information Technology, Business Management Students Meet with Tech Giants
- Curry Film/TV Student a Finalist in NESN Producing Competition
- Trustee Ruth Ellen Fitch Appointed to the Massachusetts Pension Reserves Investment Management (PRIM) Board
- More News >
- Curry Theatre Presents: Spring 2015 New Plays Festival
March 28 - March 30
- 'Senior 7: Off the Grid' - Spring Art & Design Exhibit
April 2 - May 17
- Spring Student Art & Design Exhibit
April 6 - April 11
- More Events >
- You are here:
- Curry College - Home /
- Programs & Courses /
- Undergraduate Programs /
- Majors, Minors, and Concentrations /
- Majors /
- Business Management /
- Learning Outcomes
The Undergraduate BUSINESS Management Major
To learn the fundamental principles and techniques of management, accounting, economics, finance quantitative analysis, business law, marketing, organizational behavior, and business ethics - all framed by an international, global perspective. In addition, the following professional skills are developed:
- Communication - the ability to share ideas and findings clearly in written and oral expression.
- Teamwork - the ability to work effectively as a team member and a team leader.
- Self-Management - the ability to evaluate one-self, modify behavior, and meet obligations.
- Leadership - the ability to influence and support others to perform complex and ambiguous tasks.
- Critical Thinking - the ability to gather and analyze information for creative problem-solving.
Source: Schermerhorn, Management 7E, Wiley Publishing, 2002 update
(Used by permission of John R. Schermerhorn, Jr., Ohio University)