“Originally, I kind of wanted to go to a bigger school...but I didn't want to be 1 in 1000 kids in a classroom. I like speaking with others and getting to know people. It's that comfort factor that allowed me to build a strong rapport with the teachers here at Curry.”
Greg Gough '11
Police Officer, Farmington, NH
Major: Criminal Justice
- Hill Holliday Chairman and CEO Karen Kaplan to Deliver Commencement Address
- Cambridge College President Deborah C. Jackson to Receive Honorary Degree
- Men's Hockey Partners with Team IMPACT to Recruit Seven-Year Old Aidan Collins
- More News >
- Curry Theatre Presents: Euripides’ 'The Trojan Women'
April 26 - April 29
- Commencement 2014
- New Student Orientation 2014: First-Year Students
June 9 - June 22
- More Events >
- You are here:
- Curry College - Home /
- Programs & Courses /
- Undergraduate Programs /
- Majors, Minors, and Concentrations /
- Majors /
- Communication /
- Communication Scholars
Picture yourself in a program with something extra.
Did you ever see yourself...
- Producing a film?
- In public relations?
- Writing for broadcast media?
- Performing on stage?
- Leading a marketing team?
- Editing and creating video?
- On the air with your own radio show?
Then apply to join Curry College's Communication Scholars prior to your First-Year at Curry. COM Scholars is a select group of talented students who want to:
- Get a jump start on internships in the Communication field
- Enjoy special opportunities for connections with industry leaders
- Work closely with faculty mentors in exciting specialties
Join your professors in a setting that is both academically challenging and unique. Communication Scholars meet as a group in two specially designated linked courses for COM Scholars: Fundamentals of Communication and First Year Seminar. Support each other in charting your unique paths through the many curricular and internship possibilities.
A Memorable Experience...
|"The classes I've had with my fellow COM Scholars have been by far the most exciting and memorable. I now have a support group that I can turn to whenever I need them and there is not a doubt in my mind that they are friends that I will have for life. This program has given me the opportunity to explore a variety of areas in the communication field and I'm excited to continue to develop my career path with the other COM Scholars." - Gabrielle Dube, Class of 2014|
|"I love being part of Communication Scholars! I love the opportunities we get to meet people in the industry. I also like how I am with other students who are really interested in the same field." - Chloe Ferrarone, Class of 2014|
|"My time with the COM Scholars program has been incredible. I experienced an epiphany as a result of one of our dinners with professionals in the communication field, not to mention that I was able to complete an internship with a company that I learned about through the program." - Elton Silva, Class of 2014|
The Currier Times and curriertimes.net are Curry College's student-produced news publications. Students blog, cover breaking campus news, write feature stories, and produce photo slideshows, podcasts and videos and gain a wealth of experience in print publishing, including long-form writing, copyediting, photography, photo editing and page design.