“I chose Curry because I really enjoyed the campus feel, I felt safe there. I also looked at the students and I saw me. I felt like I could relate to them. I felt comfortable and that was really important-just fitting in.”
Alicia (Viscomi) Williams '09
Owner/President, Aliste' Internet Marketing, Inc.
- Communication Major Elaina Druid '16 Awarded "Emerging Leader Scholarship" by Public Relations Society of America
- Hall of Fame Sportswriter Bob Ryan Featured at Littlefield Lecture Series Event
- Curry College Featured on Fox 25 “College Tour”
- More News >
- Free Workshop for Guidance Counselors and Educational Consultants: Helping Students with Learning Disabilities Navigate the College Search
- Accepted Student Day 2015
- Commencement 2015
- More Events >
- You are here:
- Curry College - Home /
- Programs & Courses /
- Undergraduate Programs /
- Majors, Minors, and Concentrations /
- Majors /
- Communication /
- Semester in Washington, D.C. Internship Program
Semester in Washington, D.C. Internship Program
Washington, D.C. is the political capital of the world and Curry students can be right in the center of the action with the Communication department's Semester in Washington, D.C. internship program.
Students can immerse themselves in various political and media related internships while exploring one of America's most spectacular and vibrant metropolitan areas, our nation's capital.
Curry students can intern with Senators and Congressmen, media organizations like CNN, AP or the Washington Post, or work with various non-profit political action groups that are promoting hundreds of different causes. Curry has even had students representing us at the biggest internship of all: The White House.
Students interested in the Curry College: Semester in Washington, D.C. program should have the following:
- Completed "Introduction to Experiential Learning" with a minimum grade of 'C'
- Completed one other internship
- Have Junior or Senior standing
- An overall GPA of 2.75 or higher
Curry works with organizations in Washington, D.C. to plan your internship and provide you with safe and secure housing. Additional seminars, courses and meet-and-greets round out your academic experience in D.C.
Internships are available for fall, spring and summer. Please review the deadlines for applying below. A $500 non-refundable deposit is due by the deadline to begin the internship process.
|September 17, 2014:
December 3, 2014:
February 2, 2015:
If you'd like more information and an application, please contact Professor Jerry Gibbs of the Communication Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 617-333-2972.
Experience Washington, D.C.-the center of the political universe! Consider the Curry College: Semester in Washington, D.C. internship program!
Have you ever dreamed of working at a major movie studio? Promoting the latest film? Booking guests for a nationally televised broadcast? Editing video for a TV Network? Or even acting in movies or television? Then the Curry College: Semester in L.A. program is for you.
New York City is the media and business capital of the world and Curry students can be right in the center of the action with the Communication department's Semester in New York City internship program.