“I looked at bigger nursing schools, but I realized the best option for me was a smaller school where professors know who you are. I also wanted a school with ties to Boston, because the city offers some of the best hospitals and clinical sites in the United States.”
Jay Cobden '14
- American Educational Research Association Honors Dr. Anne Benoit
- CC8's Coverage of Boston Marathon Bombings Recognized by National Broadcasting Society
- Curry College Partners with Big Brothers Big Sisters
- More News >
- Accepted Student Day 2014
- Commencement 2014
- New Student Orientation 2014: First-Year Students
June 9 - June 22
- More Events >
- You are here:
- Curry College - Home /
- Programs & Courses /
- Undergraduate Programs /
- Majors, Minors, and Concentrations /
- Majors /
- Communication /
- Semester in Los Angeles Internship Program
Semester in Los Angeles Internship Program
Have you ever dreamed of working at a major movie studio? Promoting the latest film? Booking guests for a nationally televised broadcast? Editing video for a TV Network? Or even acting in movies or television?
Well, those are just some of the careers in which our Curry College alums are currently employed in Los Angeles, and now you can have a leg up on the competition by interning in Los Angeles through the Curry College: Semester in L.A. internship program!
Our interns have worked at such places as:
- Universal Pictures
- "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno"
- "Access Hollywood"
- "Jimmy Kimmel Live"
- Snowfall Films
- 21st Century 3D
- "The Doctors"
- Mark Gordon Productions
and so many more....
Students interested in the Curry College: Semester in L.A. program should have the following:
- Completed "Introduction to Experiential Learning" with a minimum grade of 'C'
- Completed one other internship
- Have Junior or Senior standing
- An overall GPA of 2.75 or higher
You can earn from one to 12 credits while participating in our Los Angeles internship program. And for those who need housing, Curry provides secure, gated housing in nearby Burbank.
Curry also has an L.A.-based internship coordinator who will welcome you to Hollywood, and provide special seminars and other "meet and greets" during the course of the semester.
Internships are available for fall, spring and summer.
If you'd like more information and an application, please contact Professor Jerry Gibbs, co-chair of the Communication Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 617-333-2972.
Experience Hollywood first-hand! Consider the Curry College: Semester in L.A. internship program!