“It's great that Curry has shuttles going into Boston so we could do things like go to Celtics and Bruins games throughout the season.”
Monica Distefano '14
6th Grade Math Teacher
Major: Elementary Education
- Dr. Karen Lischinsky's Work with MA Restorative Justice Collaborative Continues to Garner National Attention
- Curry College Awarded Nursing Grant through Massachusetts Department of Higher Education
- Local Radio Host Robert Hakala, Jr. '96 Graces Cover of 'Cape & Plymouth Business' Magazine
- More News >
- New Student Orientation 2015: Transfer Students
- Art Exhibit: 'Absence & Presence - A Printmaking Response to the Bombing of Al-Mutanabbi Street'
August 28 - October 23
- Homecoming and Family Weekend 2015
September 25 - September 27
- More Events >
- You are here:
- Curry College - Home /
- Programs & Courses /
- Undergraduate Programs /
- Majors, Minors, and Concentrations /
- Majors /
- Communication /
- Semester in Los Angeles Internship Program
Semester in Los Angeles Internship Program
Have you ever dreamed of working at a major movie studio? Promoting the latest film? Booking guests for a nationally televised broadcast? Editing video for a TV Network? Or even acting in movies or television?
Well, those are just some of the careers in which our Curry College alums are currently employed in Los Angeles, and now you can have a leg up on the competition by interning in Los Angeles through the Curry College: Semester in L.A. internship program!
Our interns have worked at such places as:
- Universal Pictures
- "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno"
- "Access Hollywood"
- "Jimmy Kimmel Live"
- Snowfall Films
- 21st Century 3D
- "The Doctors"
- Mark Gordon Productions
and so many more....
Students interested in the Curry College: Semester in L.A. program should have the following:
- Completed "Introduction to Experiential Learning" with a minimum grade of 'C'
- Completed one other internship
- Have Junior or Senior standing
- An overall GPA of 2.75 or higher
You can earn from one to 12 credits while participating in our Los Angeles internship program. And for those who need housing, Curry provides secure, gated housing in nearby Burbank.
Curry also has an L.A.-based internship coordinator who will welcome you to Hollywood, and provide special seminars and other "meet and greets" during the course of the semester.
Internships are available for fall, spring and summer. Please review the deadlines for applying below. A $500 non-refundable deposit is due by the deadline to begin the internship process.
|September 16, 2015:
December 2, 2015:
February 3, 2016:
If you'd like more information and an application, please contact Professor Jerry Gibbs of the Communication Department at email@example.com or call 617-333-2972.
Experience Hollywood first-hand! Consider the Curry College: Semester in L.A. internship program!
In 2007, Andrew Graziano attended the Curry "Hollywood Productions: Up Close" class trip to Los Angeles. One of the stops during this week-long tour was to visit "The Price is Right" set at CBS in Studio City. Ironic, since Graziano now works on that very same studio lot as the Director of Video Operations and Video Products for CBS Interactive.
Curry students can be right in the center of the action with the Semester in Washington, D.C. internship program. Students can immerse themselves in various political and media related internships while exploring one of America's most spectacular and vibrant metropolitan areas, our nation's capital.
New York City is the media and business capital of the world and Curry students can be right in the center of the action with the Communication department's Semester in New York City internship program.