“The faculty at Curry take time to know you as an individual: your name, where you’re from, what you’re up to on campus, your career goals and your personal goals. They’ll offer references and help you make professional connections. And they can provide helpful advice about getting along with others.”
Elton Silva '14
Major: Communication, Management
- Psychology Professor Dr. Eric Weiser Studies the Relationship of "Selfies" and Narcissism in Latest Publication
- Dr. Susan LaRocco (Nursing) Targets the "Invisible" Symptoms of Parkinson's Disease in Latest Publication
- Dr. Ann Leonard-Zabel Awarded Diplomat Credential from the American Board for Certification in Homeland Security
- More News >
- Welcome Home Week 2015 - For New and Returning Students
August 28 - September 7
- New Student Academic Convocation
- Art Exhibit: 'Absence & Presence - A Printmaking Response to the Bombing of Al-Mutanabbi Street'
September 10 - October 23
- More Events >
- You are here:
- Curry College - Home /
- Programs & Courses /
- Undergraduate Programs /
- Majors, Minors, and Concentrations /
- Majors /
- Communication /
- Semester in New York City Internship Program
Semester in New York City Internship Program
New York City is the media and business capital of the world and Curry students can be right in the center of the action with the Communication department's Semester in New York City internship program.
Our students have interned in production, marketing, public relations, music, news and sports at some of the top media companies and smaller boutique shops too.
Curry alums have exciting careers in NYC including news producing and anchoring, public relations management, documentary and film development, sports journalism/production and advertising/marketing.
Our interns have worked at such places as:
- CBS News
- "Access Hollywood"/NYC Bureau
- Sony Music Group
- NBC Sports and NBC Olympics Coverage
- Meredith Studios/"The Better Show"
- MTV Production Services
- FUSE Network
- "The Colbert Report"
- "Inside Edition"
and so many more....
Students interested in the Curry College: Semester in New York City program should have the following:
- Completed "Introduction to Experiential Learning" with a minimum grade of 'C'
- Completed one other internship
- Have Junior or Senior standing
- An overall GPA of 2.75 or higher
You can earn from one to 12 credits while participating in our New York City internship program. And for those who need housing, Curry provides secure housing options in the heart of Manhattan.
Curry also has a NYC-based internship coordinator who will welcome you to New York City, and provide special seminars and other "meet and greets" during the course of the semester.
Internships are available for fall, spring and summer. Please review the deadlines for applying below. A $500 non-refundable deposit is due by the deadline to begin the internship process.
|September 16, 2015:
December 2, 2015:
February 3, 2016:
If you'd like more information and an application, please contact Professor Jerry Gibbs of the Communication Department at email@example.com or call 617-333-2972.
Experience New York City-the center of the media universe! Consider the Curry College: Semester in New York City internship program!
Have you ever dreamed of working at a major movie studio? Promoting the latest film? Booking guests for a nationally televised broadcast? Editing video for a TV Network? Or even acting in movies or television? Then the Curry College: Semester in L.A. program is for you.
Curry students can be right in the center of the action with the Semester in Washington, D.C. internship program. Students can immerse themselves in various political and media related internships while exploring one of America's most spectacular and vibrant metropolitan areas, our nation's capital.