“I was directly accepted into the Curry Nursing program, so that had a big influence on my decision...I would also get to start my clinical rotations during sophomore year, so I would gain that real world experience right off the bat. Add in the proximity to Boston and the connections you can make at all of the great hospitals there, you can't get any better than that.”
Amber Soucy '13
Psych Nurse, Westwood Lodge Hospital
Correctional Nurse, Massachusetts Correctional Institution
- Trustee Joyce A. Murphy Honored by Greater Boston Chamber of Commerce, Massachusetts Health Council, and Boston Globe Magazine
- Communication Major Elaina Druid '16 Awarded "Emerging Leader Scholarship" by Public Relations Society of America
- Hall of Fame Sportswriter Bob Ryan Featured at Littlefield Lecture Series Event
- More News >
- 'Layers': MGNE National Juried Student Exhibition of Monotypes & Monoprints
February 1 - March 14
- Accepted Student Day 2015
- Commencement 2015
- More Events >
- You are here:
- Curry College - Home /
- Programs & Courses /
- Undergraduate Programs /
- Majors, Minors, and Concentrations /
- Majors /
- Communication /
- Semester in New York City Internship Program
Semester in New York City Internship Program
New York City is the media and business capital of the world and Curry students can be right in the center of the action with the Communication department's Semester in New York City internship program.
Our students have interned in production, marketing, public relations, music, news and sports at some of the top media companies and smaller boutique shops too.
Curry alums have exciting careers in NYC including news producing and anchoring, public relations management, documentary and film development, sports journalism/production and advertising/marketing.
Our interns have worked at such places as:
- CBS News
- "Access Hollywood"/NYC Bureau
- Sony Music Group
- NBC Sports and NBC Olympics Coverage
- Meredith Studios/"The Better Show"
- MTV Production Services
- FUSE Network
- "The Colbert Report"
- "Inside Edition"
and so many more....
Students interested in the Curry College: Semester in New York City program should have the following:
- Completed "Introduction to Experiential Learning" with a minimum grade of 'C'
- Completed one other internship
- Have Junior or Senior standing
- An overall GPA of 2.75 or higher
You can earn from one to 12 credits while participating in our New York City internship program. And for those who need housing, Curry provides secure housing options in the heart of Manhattan.
Curry also has a NYC-based internship coordinator who will welcome you to New York City, and provide special seminars and other "meet and greets" during the course of the semester.
Internships are available for fall, spring and summer. Please review the deadlines for applying below. A $500 non-refundable deposit is due by the deadline to begin the internship process.
|September 17, 2014:
December 3, 2014:
February 2, 2015:
If you'd like more information and an application, please contact Professor Jerry Gibbs of the Communication Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 617-333-2972.
Experience New York City-the center of the media universe! Consider the Curry College: Semester in New York City internship program!
Have you ever dreamed of working at a major movie studio? Promoting the latest film? Booking guests for a nationally televised broadcast? Editing video for a TV Network? Or even acting in movies or television? Then the Curry College: Semester in L.A. program is for you.
Curry students can be right in the center of the action with the Semester in Washington, D.C. internship program. Students can immerse themselves in various political and media related internships while exploring one of America's most spectacular and vibrant metropolitan areas, our nation's capital.