“Curry offers great opportunities in and out of class, as well as a safe place for you to be who you are and move outside your comfort zone to try new things that help you make the most of your life.”
Kelly Nichols '12
Major: Elementary Education, Integrated Liberal Studies
- Curry College Celebrates Commencement 2013
- Awards Recognition Ceremony Celebrates the Best of Curry 2012-2013
- Curry College Equestrian Places 5th at National Championship Competition
- More News >
- New Student Orientation 2013: First-Year Students
June 6 - June 20
- New Student Orientation 2013: Transfer Students
July 18 - August 1
- New Student Convocation 2013
- More Events >
- You are here:
- Curry College - Home /
- Programs & Courses /
- Undergraduate Programs /
- Majors, Minors, and Concentrations /
- Majors /
- Management /
- Learning Outcomes
The Undergraduate Management Major
To learn the fundamental principles and techniques of management, accounting, economics, finance quantitative analysis, business law, marketing, organizational behavior, and business ethics - all framed by an international, global perspective. In addition, the following professional skills are developed:
- Communication - the ability to share ideas and findings clearly in written and oral expression.
- Teamwork - the ability to work effectively as a team member and a team leader.
- Self-Management - the ability to evaluate one-self, modify behavior, and meet obligations.
- Leadership - the ability to influence and support others to perform complex and ambiguous tasks.
- Critical Thinking - the ability to gather and analyze information for creative problem-solving.
Source: Schermerhorn, Management 7E, Wiley Publishing, 2002 update
(Used by permission of John R. Schermerhorn, Jr., Ohio University)